via IPS News
WASHINGTON, Dec 6 2012 (IPS) - Increasingly distressed over the possible consequences of Israel’s recent steps to punish the Palestinian Authority (PA) and consolidate its hold on the West Bank, a number of prominent voices here are urging President Barack Obama to exert real pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu [...]
via Lobe Log
Further to Jim’s post on Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s explicit statement on Friday that Washington wants bilateral talks with Iran, are similar comments she made on Nov. 30 at the Foreign Policy Group’s “Transformational Trends 2013″ Forum:
QUESTION: Robin Wright.
SECRETARY CLINTON: Hi, Robin.
QUESTION: I want to ask you [...]
via Lobe Log
When national security has figured into the presidential nominees’ campaigns, the focus has been mostly on Iran. With that in mind Daniel Byman, the research director for Middle East Policy at the Brookings Institution, asks whether Pakistan, North Korea, China, the Syrian crisis and major US domestic issues can [...]
- 2017 World Water Week: ‘Water and Waste: Reduce and Reuse’
- Jordan Abolishes Law Allowing Rapists to Avoid Prosecution
- Quantitative Easing for Wealth Redistribution
- Buffalo Revive Local Economy in Remote Bay of Bengal Islands
- Who is Latin America and the Caribbean leaving behind?
- Internet Shutdowns in Africa Stifling Press Freedom
- Union Conflict Rages on in South Africa
- I Will Never Forget Her Face
- Climate Migrants Might Reach One Billion by 2050
- South Asia Faces Fury of Floods