via IPS News
WASHINGTON, Dec 6 2012 (IPS) - Increasingly distressed over the possible consequences of Israel’s recent steps to punish the Palestinian Authority (PA) and consolidate its hold on the West Bank, a number of prominent voices here are urging President Barack Obama to exert real pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu [...]
via Lobe Log
Further to Jim’s post on Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s explicit statement on Friday that Washington wants bilateral talks with Iran, are similar comments she made on Nov. 30 at the Foreign Policy Group’s “Transformational Trends 2013″ Forum:
QUESTION: Robin Wright.
SECRETARY CLINTON: Hi, Robin.
QUESTION: I want to ask you [...]
via Lobe Log
When national security has figured into the presidential nominees’ campaigns, the focus has been mostly on Iran. With that in mind Daniel Byman, the research director for Middle East Policy at the Brookings Institution, asks whether Pakistan, North Korea, China, the Syrian crisis and major US domestic issues can [...]
- Who Should Lead the WHO Next?
- Growth Is Real Only If It Is Inclusive
- Poverty Elimination and Reduction of Inequality: Global Trends and Policy Imperatives
- How to Save Thousands of Children’s Lives
- Farming Brings Stability to Remote Villages in Papua
- World Must Tackle the Biggest Killer of Whales – and it’s not Whaling
- Limitless Cigars and Rum for U.S. Tourists in Cuba
- Learning from Past Mistakes: Rebuilding Haiti After Hurricane Matthew
- Governments and Social Movements Disagree on Future of Cities
- Student Struggle in South Africa Gains Momentum