via Lobe Log
The Military-Industrial Complex Strikes Back
Disarmament, with mutual honor and confidence, is a continuing imperative. Together we must learn how to compose differences, not with arms, but with intellect and decent purpose.
– Dwight D. Eisenhower, January 17, 1961
Barely a week after the 53rd anniversary of President Dwight [...]
There’s no better way to commemorate a civil war among Jews 2,275 years ago, memorialized by the Jewish festival of Chanuka, than by a little intra-tribe squabbling.
Perhaps that’s why, just in time for the holidays, the Republican Jewish Coalition (RJC) launched a scathing attack on some of the most prominent — and pro-Israel– [...]
Where does the Emergency Committee for Israel get off complaining that AIPAC shouldn’t support New START because it’s outside of the “pro-Israel” purview? Who knows. But that’s exactly what they did.
News and views on U.S.-Iran relations for November 24, 2010: The Washington Times: Ben Birnbaum reports that a leaked International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), the UN’s nuclear watchdog, indicates that Iran’s nuclear program “experienced a one-day shutdown last week, indicating a slowing of Tehran’s nuclear progress.” Some analysts speculate the Stuxnet virus is [...]
I’m now hearing from more than one source on the Hill that the Obama administration has just added a new argument in favor of lame-duck ratification: failure to adopt START will “hurt Israel.”
May demurs, naturally [...]
- Beware Carbon Myopia at COP28: Why Climate and Nature Action Must Now Come Together in the Race for a Liveable Planet
- Art and Climate Change
- Big Cons: How Consultancy Firms Undermine Governments
- Emerging Climate Finance Infrastructure to Match Africa’s Green Bankable Solutions
- Electrifying Cooking: Decarbonizing Africa’s Electricity Grid Towards Net Zero
- Role of Women Irreplaceable in Management of Natural Resources
- A “Little India” in Little Armenia
- NCDs Are Killing the Caribbean – PODCAST
- The Climate Crisis is an Education Crisis
- ‘War on Drugs’ Failed and Policies Need Major Overhaul – Report