by Wayne White Libya’s chaos and violence may seem like a continuum of painful replays. However, as the situation festers, the risk of extremist elements gaining a more dangerous foothold and broader freedom of action increases. Indeed, since the beginning of this year, militant Islamists have gained ground overall, undermining what little governance remains. Making
Victoria’s secret is that, like the previous interceptions like those of and the Karine A, its interception comes at a time when Israel is being urged to move forward in the peace process and doesn’t want to. But it is also radically reinterpreting international law, particularly the Laws of Armed Conflict and the Law of the Sea.
Ali has an excellent post up about the dangerously provocative Israeli rhetoric surrounding the planned—but now delayed—passage of the Suez Canal by two Iranian naval ships.
But the Israeli side of the story, which bordered on hysterical at times, was picked up by the neoconservative blogosphere in the U.S. and dominated the attention of [...]
The earth reportedly shook as two Iranian naval boats approached the Suez Canal on Monday morning. For the U.S., though, the building tension over the (delayed, for now) passage could result in diplomatic, not literal, earthquakes.
When the news was first announced last week that the two warships would pass through the canal, Israeli reaction [...]
The Fox News Channel has been going after Iran pretty hard lately. In only the past few weeks, Fox has done at least two interviews promoting the settler propaganda movie “Iranium,” which, according to the host of a New York premiere, is aimed at promoting an attack on the Islamic [...]
- Replacing Monopolies with Impact Rewards
- ‘Building Back Better’: Jordan’s Road to Green Economic Recovery
- Scientific Panel’s Scoping Report Instructive for Global Food Systems Transformation
- With the World Bank’s “Doing Business” Out of Business, What Should Come Next?
- How Satellite Technologies Can Aid Fiji, Other Pacific Island Nations to Build Climate Resilience
- On the Verge of Change
- How Transforming Food Systems Could Unlock a $12 Trillion Global Windfall
- Climate Finance Can Transform Food Systems
- Women Leaders Hailed for COVID-19 Response
- BRICS Puts on Annual Show of Unity