The earth reportedly shook as two Iranian naval boats approached the Suez Canal on Monday morning. For the U.S., though, the building tension over the (delayed, for now) passage could result in diplomatic, not literal, earthquakes.
When the news was first announced last week that the two warships would pass through the canal, Israeli reaction [...]
The Fox News Channel has been going after Iran pretty hard lately. In only the past few weeks, Fox has done at least two interviews promoting the settler propaganda movie “Iranium,” which, according to the host of a New York premiere, is aimed at promoting an attack on the Islamic [...]
The following is a set of edited notes from a conversation between myself and IPS’s correspondent in Egypt, Emad Mekay, who was filing dispatches for LobeLog until the Internet went down. He was on the streets of downtown Cairo today until just after the curfew, when he returned home and we chatted by phone.
- African Development Bank joins forces with international organisations to help developing countries build resilience to extreme weather
- Industrial Energy Efficiency is a Climate Solution
- COP 25: ‘Africa’s future depends on solidarity’ Leaders and development partners rally around climate change goals
- AUDIO: If We Are to Achieve Zero-leprosy by 2030, This Is the Best Time and Opportunity
- AUDIO: “We Cannot Achieve Zero-Leprosy by 2030 Without a Vaccine” – WHO Team Leader
- Haiti’s Cry for Help as Climate Change is Compared to an Act of Violence against the Island Nation
- How Climate Change is Fuelling Insurgency of Nigeria’s Militant Boko Haram
- Mainstreaming Leprosy-affected People a Big Challenge in Bangladesh
- Fighting for a Leprosy-Free World
- The Ignoble Fall of a Nobel Peace Prize Winner