The earth reportedly shook as two Iranian naval boats approached the Suez Canal on Monday morning. For the U.S., though, the building tension over the (delayed, for now) passage could result in diplomatic, not literal, earthquakes.
When the news was first announced last week that the two warships would pass through the canal, Israeli reaction [...]
The Fox News Channel has been going after Iran pretty hard lately. In only the past few weeks, Fox has done at least two interviews promoting the settler propaganda movie “Iranium,” which, according to the host of a New York premiere, is aimed at promoting an attack on the Islamic [...]
The following is a set of edited notes from a conversation between myself and IPS’s correspondent in Egypt, Emad Mekay, who was filing dispatches for LobeLog until the Internet went down. He was on the streets of downtown Cairo today until just after the curfew, when he returned home and we chatted by phone.
- Heifer Nepal Farmers Persevere During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Education Cannot Wait Interviews Karina Gould, Canada’s Minister of International Development
- Women and Girls with Disabilities: Planning for Periods During a Pandemic
- Somerset Maugham, His Short Stories, and Singapore: Mutual Influences
- Q&A: How Kazakhstan’s Transgender and Lesbian Women are Being Impacted by COVID-19
- Lebanese Financial Crisis Validates Importance of Abolishing ‘Kafala’
- World Population Day 2020 – ‘The Time is Now to Accelerate the Promise for Women and Girls’
- COVID-19 & Why We Care
- The Return
- Covid-19 And Migrant Workers: Planning the return and reintegration of forced returnees