via Lobe Log
By Robin Yassin-Kassab
In August 2012 Egyptian President Muhammad Morsi attended a meeting of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) in Tehran. His presence at the conference was something of a diplomatic victory for the Iranian leadership, whose relations with Egypt, the pivotal Arab state, had been at the lowest of ebbs since [...]
via Lobe Log
By Richard Javad Heydarian
The recent war in Gaza has been portrayed as a political dividend for the main protagonists, namely Israel’s Benjamin Netanyahu, Egypt’s Mohammad Morsi, and the Hamas leadership in Gaza, despite the tremendous psychological, infrastructural and humanitarian costs borne by innocent civilians, especially the Palestinians.
As Hamas and [...]
via IPS News
The recent visit by Abd al-Halim Murad, head of the Bahraini Salafi al-Asalah movement, to Syria to meet with Syrian rebels is an attempt by him and other Gulf Salafis to hijack the Syrian revolution.
Sadly, the Saudi and Bahraini governments have looked the other way as their Sunni Salafis [...]
- Savagery of Rapes of Minors
- Mediterranean Migrant Arrivals Reach 40,944 in 2018; Deaths Reach 960
- West Africa Building Renewable Energy Sector Partnership and Capacity
- Senegalese Immigrants Face Police Brutality in Argentina
- Gaming Disorder: A New Disease Experts say is Hard to Diagnose
- Tackling Goal 8 and Modern Day Slavery through Technology
- EU Urged to Ban Early & Forced Child Marriages
- America First or America Alone?
- Finding My Migrant Voice
- Countries are Using Domestic Laws to Criminalize Health Care