via Lobe Log
The bad news about Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi’s expanding constitutional powers in Egypt is the threat of another dictatorship in Egypt. The good news is that normal politics is returning to Egypt after decades of brutal authoritarian regimes.
Recent mass demonstrations in support of and opposition to Morsi’s new draft constitution [...]
via Think Progress
Thousands of Egyptians poured into the streets on Saturday, a day after a court sentenced former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak to a life prison sentence, enraging protesters who hoped to see the fallen strongman receive the death penalty for his failure to stop the killing of protesters during Egypt’s [...]
- Outgunned by Rich Polluters, Africa to Bring United Front to Climate Talks
- OPINION: Tackling the Proliferation of Patents to Avoid Limitations to Competition
- Blistering Drought Leaves the Poorest High and Dry
- ‘Youth Exodus’ Reveals Lack of Opportunities
- Militarising the Ebola Crisis
- Arms Trade Treaty Gains Momentum with 50th Ratification
- Iraq Looking for an ‘Independent’ Sunni Defense Minister
- Zero Nuclear Weapons: A Never-Ending Journey Ahead
- Championing Ocean Conservation Or Paying Lip Service to the Seas?
- Cuba’s Sugar Industry to Use Bagasse for Bioenergy