via Lobe Log
Andrew Sullivan’s excellent sentence-by-sentence takedown of the Washington Post’s exceptionally tendentious editorial against Chuck Hagel today bears reading. Here’s a taste, with the Post quoted first followed by Sullivan’s comment.
On the contrary: Mr. Hagel’s stated positions on critical issues, ranging from defense spending to Iran, fall well to the left of those pursued by Mr. Obama [...]
- Poland Uses Ukraine to Push Coal
- In U.S., Black Preschool Students “Punished More Severely”
- When Not To Go To School
- U.N. Denies Dragging Its Feet on U.S.-Iran Visa Dispute
- Q&A: The Case for Cutting African Poverty in Half
- U.S. Foreign Aid Approach Is Outdated, Experts Say
- Ostracised and Isolated: Muslim Prisoners in the U.S.
- South Sudan Dictates Media Coverage of Conflict
- COLUMN: Gabriel García Márquez, the Story-Teller of the Country of the War Without End
- Civil Society Wants More Influence in New Development Agenda