via Lobe Log
Andrew Sullivan’s excellent sentence-by-sentence takedown of the Washington Post’s exceptionally tendentious editorial against Chuck Hagel today bears reading. Here’s a taste, with the Post quoted first followed by Sullivan’s comment.
On the contrary: Mr. Hagel’s stated positions on critical issues, ranging from defense spending to Iran, fall well to the left of those pursued by Mr. Obama [...]
- FAO, WFP reaffirm their commitment to working for Zero Hunger in the Middle East
- One of the World’s Most Dangerous PIaces For Aid Workers
- An Inequality Beyond Wealth: Gaps in Women’s Health
- US Withdrawal from UNESCO: Abandonment of Principles
- To Eliminate Poverty, Better Understanding Needed
- What Do You Really Eat When You Order a Steak, Fish or Chicken Filet?
- Argentina’s Biodiesel Plagued by Commercial and Environmental Challenges
- UN Principals call for solidarity with Rohingya refugees
- Ending Poverty in Next 13 years Means Boosting Resilience Now
- Press Freedom Groups Condemn U.S. Withdrawal from UNESCO