Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is Nigeria’s Coordinating Minister for Economy and Minister of Finance. From 2007-2011, she was Managing Director of the World Bank, responsible for overseeing the Bank’s operations in Africa, South Asia, Europe, and Central Asia.
The time is right for concerted international action on domestic resource mobilisation in the developing world. Recent high [...]
via IPS News
WASHINGTON, Dec 6 2012 (IPS) - Increasingly distressed over the possible consequences of Israel’s recent steps to punish the Palestinian Authority (PA) and consolidate its hold on the West Bank, a number of prominent voices here are urging President Barack Obama to exert real pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu [...]
- A Burger That Saves Emissions Taking 2 Million Cars off the Road
- Understanding Child Soldier Recruitment Needed to Help Curb Crisis
- For the Rural Poor of Peru, the Social Agenda is Far Away
- A New Dawn for South Africa
- Demonizing OXFAM – Fair or Foul?
- New Technology Alone Won’t Halt Aflatoxin Menace, Experts Warn
- Must We Aim for Ending Corruption and Poverty?
- Migration Should Not be Politicized, Warns General Assembly President
- Inspiring Dutch Woman Lives for Bangladeshi Children with Disabilities
- Crowd-Sourced Data and a Mobile Phone Application Are Making Cities Safer for Women