Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is Nigeria’s Coordinating Minister for Economy and Minister of Finance. From 2007-2011, she was Managing Director of the World Bank, responsible for overseeing the Bank’s operations in Africa, South Asia, Europe, and Central Asia.
The time is right for concerted international action on domestic resource mobilisation in the developing world. Recent high [...]
via IPS News
WASHINGTON, Dec 6 2012 (IPS) - Increasingly distressed over the possible consequences of Israel’s recent steps to punish the Palestinian Authority (PA) and consolidate its hold on the West Bank, a number of prominent voices here are urging President Barack Obama to exert real pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu [...]
- Down With Sustainable Development! Long Live Convivial Degrowth!
- Azerbaijan’s Rights Activists on the Brink
- OPINION: From Shared Concern to Shared Action – Thoughts on the Vienna Conference on the Humanitarian Impact of Nuclear Weapons
- Refugees Between a Legal Rock and a Hard Place in Lebanon
- Will Myanmar’s ‘Triple Transition’ Help Eradicate Crushing Poverty?
- To Fight Inequality, Latin America Needs Transparency…and More
- The Future of the Planet and the Irresponsibility of Governments
- Proposal for International Anti-Corruption Court Seeing “Significant” Momentum
- Mexico’s Undead Rise Up
- Inequality in Mexico Is All About Wages