Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is Nigeria’s Coordinating Minister for Economy and Minister of Finance. From 2007-2011, she was Managing Director of the World Bank, responsible for overseeing the Bank’s operations in Africa, South Asia, Europe, and Central Asia.
The time is right for concerted international action on domestic resource mobilisation in the developing world. Recent high [...]
via IPS News
WASHINGTON, Dec 6 2012 (IPS) - Increasingly distressed over the possible consequences of Israel’s recent steps to punish the Palestinian Authority (PA) and consolidate its hold on the West Bank, a number of prominent voices here are urging President Barack Obama to exert real pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu [...]
- For These Asylum Seekers, the Journey Ends Where it Began
- World Bank Tribunal Weighs Final Arguments in El Salvador Mining Dispute
- Declining Majority Still Supports “Active” U.S. Role in World Affairs
- A Flood of Energy Projects Clash with Mexican Communities
- FILM: From Hamas Royalty to Israel’s Spy
- U.N. Climate Summit: Staged Parade or Reality Show?
- Paucity of Funds to Fight Ebola Virus
- Migrant Boat Rammed & 500 Refugees Feared Dead
- OPINION: Investing in Adolescent Girls for Africa’s Development
- ‘Breaking Silence’ on the Slave Trade