Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is Nigeria’s Coordinating Minister for Economy and Minister of Finance. From 2007-2011, she was Managing Director of the World Bank, responsible for overseeing the Bank’s operations in Africa, South Asia, Europe, and Central Asia.
The time is right for concerted international action on domestic resource mobilisation in the developing world. Recent high [...]
via IPS News
WASHINGTON, Dec 6 2012 (IPS) - Increasingly distressed over the possible consequences of Israel’s recent steps to punish the Palestinian Authority (PA) and consolidate its hold on the West Bank, a number of prominent voices here are urging President Barack Obama to exert real pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu [...]
- Disarmament Conference Ends with Ambitious Goal – But How to Get There?
- U.S.-Made Cluster Munitions Causing Civilian Deaths in Yemen
- Opinion: A Farewell to Arms that Fuel Atrocities is Within Our Grasp
- OPEC Fund Supports UNIDO in Latin America
- Emerging Industrial Power Rises From Aid Beneficiary to Donor Nation
- Water, Climate, Energy Intertwined with Fight Against Poverty in Central America
- Call for Global Ban on Nuclear Weapons Testing
- Opinion: How Will Wall Street Greet the Pope?
- Winning Women a Greater Say in Somaliland’s Policy-Making
- Deliberate Targeting of Water Sources Worsens Misery for Millions of Syrians