Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is Nigeria’s Coordinating Minister for Economy and Minister of Finance. From 2007-2011, she was Managing Director of the World Bank, responsible for overseeing the Bank’s operations in Africa, South Asia, Europe, and Central Asia.
The time is right for concerted international action on domestic resource mobilisation in the developing world. Recent high [...]
via IPS News
WASHINGTON, Dec 6 2012 (IPS) - Increasingly distressed over the possible consequences of Israel’s recent steps to punish the Palestinian Authority (PA) and consolidate its hold on the West Bank, a number of prominent voices here are urging President Barack Obama to exert real pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu [...]
- Pakistan Gets Its First One-Stop Shop for Women Fighting Violence
- Dr. Al Qassim: “The refugee and migrant crisis has become the symbol of the world’s inability to live up to the ideals of the Founders of the UN”
- “Banging on the Door” – Women Fight for a Voice and Space in Civil Society
- Debate on Glyphosate Use Comes to a Head in Argentina
- Are Rising Seas, Coastal Erosion & Powerful Storms a Wave of the Future for Small Island Nations?
- No One Country Can Do It Alone — Towards a Migration Compact
- UN Migration Agency, Government of Niger Welcome First Charter of Migrants from Libya
- UNESCO Commemorates 70th anniversary of Universal Declaration of Human Rights with a focus on freedom of expression
- Should Foxes Rule the Chicken Coop? Reflections on Security Council Reform
- Rohingya Refugees: The Woes of Women (Part Two)