Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is Nigeria’s Coordinating Minister for Economy and Minister of Finance. From 2007-2011, she was Managing Director of the World Bank, responsible for overseeing the Bank’s operations in Africa, South Asia, Europe, and Central Asia.
The time is right for concerted international action on domestic resource mobilisation in the developing world. Recent high [...]
via IPS News
WASHINGTON, Dec 6 2012 (IPS) - Increasingly distressed over the possible consequences of Israel’s recent steps to punish the Palestinian Authority (PA) and consolidate its hold on the West Bank, a number of prominent voices here are urging President Barack Obama to exert real pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu [...]
- New Tuberculosis Drugs May Become Ineffective: Study
- Free Education Helps Combat Child Labour in Fiji
- New Recipe for School Meals Programmes in Latin America
- Women and Tribal Leaders Call for “Balanced” Libyan Peace Process
- A Long Way to Go on Climate Change Adaptation
- Mutual Discontent
- The Davao Gulf Megalopolis
- Where Do We Stand Today?
- Central African Republic’s Lost Generation
- 1 in 4 Children Worldwide Facing Extremely Scarce Water by 2040