Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is Nigeria’s Coordinating Minister for Economy and Minister of Finance. From 2007-2011, she was Managing Director of the World Bank, responsible for overseeing the Bank’s operations in Africa, South Asia, Europe, and Central Asia.
The time is right for concerted international action on domestic resource mobilisation in the developing world. Recent high [...]
via IPS News
WASHINGTON, Dec 6 2012 (IPS) - Increasingly distressed over the possible consequences of Israel’s recent steps to punish the Palestinian Authority (PA) and consolidate its hold on the West Bank, a number of prominent voices here are urging President Barack Obama to exert real pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu [...]
- The Nowhere People: Rohingyas in India
- Rohingya Refugee Families Reinforce Shelters, Relocate Ahead of Monsoon, But Dangers Remain in Crowded Bangladesh Camps
- Five Years After the Disaster: Rana Plaza Victims Still Hurting
- Development Prospects for Hundreds of Millions Remain in Jeopardy
- Illicit Trade in Oil & Fuel: an Emerging Global Policy Challenge
- Can Sustainable Bioeconomy be a Driver of Green Growth?
- Kidnapped, Abducted and Abandoned…
- From Mega to Micro, a Transition that Will Democratise Energy in Brazil
- Over to You, Children! Zambia’s ‘Plant a Million Trees’ Takes Root
- The Gang Rape and Murder of an 8 Year Old Child in India