Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is Nigeria’s Coordinating Minister for Economy and Minister of Finance. From 2007-2011, she was Managing Director of the World Bank, responsible for overseeing the Bank’s operations in Africa, South Asia, Europe, and Central Asia.
The time is right for concerted international action on domestic resource mobilisation in the developing world. Recent high [...]
via IPS News
WASHINGTON, Dec 6 2012 (IPS) - Increasingly distressed over the possible consequences of Israel’s recent steps to punish the Palestinian Authority (PA) and consolidate its hold on the West Bank, a number of prominent voices here are urging President Barack Obama to exert real pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu [...]
- New Anti-Terrorism Law Batters Cameroonians Seeking Secession
- Swelling Ethiopian Migration Casts Doubt on its Economic Miracle
- Kenyan Pastoralists Protest Wanton Destruction of Indigenous Forest
- Push to Privatise Education in Global South Challenged
- U.N. Committee Gets ‘Unhindered Access’ to Azerbaijan’s Detention Centres – But Is it Enough?
- Media Watchdog Unveils Top Ten Worst Censors
- Planned Mega-Port in Brazil Threatens Rich Ecological Region
- Corruption in Southeast Asia Said to Threaten Economic Integration
- Opinion: To Solve Hunger, Start with Soil
- Opinion: Burundi – Fragile Peace at Risk Ahead of Elections