Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is Nigeria’s Coordinating Minister for Economy and Minister of Finance. From 2007-2011, she was Managing Director of the World Bank, responsible for overseeing the Bank’s operations in Africa, South Asia, Europe, and Central Asia.
The time is right for concerted international action on domestic resource mobilisation in the developing world. Recent high [...]
via IPS News
WASHINGTON, Dec 6 2012 (IPS) - Increasingly distressed over the possible consequences of Israel’s recent steps to punish the Palestinian Authority (PA) and consolidate its hold on the West Bank, a number of prominent voices here are urging President Barack Obama to exert real pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu [...]
- Why Principle Matters at UN Human Rights Council
- OPINION: Africans’ Land Rights at Risk as New Agricultural Trend Sweeps Continent
- Struggling to Find Water in the Vast Pacific
- Arab Region Has World’s Fastest Growing HIV Epidemic
- Jordan’s LGBT Community Fears Greater Intolerance
- U.N. Chief Applauds AoC For Building Bridges to Peace
- New Technology Boosts Fisherfolk Security
- Europe’s Two-Time Turnabout on Syria/Iraq
- Will Climate Change Denialism Help the Russian Economy?
- Ban on Nuke Tests OK, But Where’s the Ban on Nuke Weapons?