Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is Nigeria’s Coordinating Minister for Economy and Minister of Finance. From 2007-2011, she was Managing Director of the World Bank, responsible for overseeing the Bank’s operations in Africa, South Asia, Europe, and Central Asia.
The time is right for concerted international action on domestic resource mobilisation in the developing world. Recent high [...]
via IPS News
WASHINGTON, Dec 6 2012 (IPS) - Increasingly distressed over the possible consequences of Israel’s recent steps to punish the Palestinian Authority (PA) and consolidate its hold on the West Bank, a number of prominent voices here are urging President Barack Obama to exert real pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu [...]
- Why Institutions Are so Important for Growth
- Born Disadvantaged
- Kenya Can Lead the Way to Universal Health Care in Africa
- Inequality (I): Half of World’s Wealth, in the Pockets of Just Eight Men
- Is Cash Aid to the Poor Wasted on Tobacco and Alcohol?
- Ordinary Citizens Help Drive Spread of Solar Power in Chile
- Tobacco Industry Misleads Developing Countries Over Regulations
- The Cuban Recession and the Introduction of Public Bonds
- Populist Leaders Endanger Human Rights: Advocacy Organisation
- Free Trade Agreements Promote Corporate Interests