Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is Nigeria’s Coordinating Minister for Economy and Minister of Finance. From 2007-2011, she was Managing Director of the World Bank, responsible for overseeing the Bank’s operations in Africa, South Asia, Europe, and Central Asia.
The time is right for concerted international action on domestic resource mobilisation in the developing world. Recent high [...]
via IPS News
WASHINGTON, Dec 6 2012 (IPS) - Increasingly distressed over the possible consequences of Israel’s recent steps to punish the Palestinian Authority (PA) and consolidate its hold on the West Bank, a number of prominent voices here are urging President Barack Obama to exert real pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu [...]
- Around 90 percent of Al Jazeera budget comes from the Qatari government: Director General of Al Jazeera Media Network
- Minamata Convention, Curbing Mercury Use, is Now Legally Binding
- Wonder Woman Should STILL be a UN Ambassador
- Population Aging: Hallmark of the 21st Century
- What Does “Climate-Smart Agriculture” Really Mean? New Tool Breaks It Down
- The Perils of Irregular Migration: From Migrant to Migrants
- New Tool Separates Wheat from Chaff for Climate-Smart Ag Finance
- Will Renewable Energies Finally Get Their Chance in Argentina?
- Yemen: African Migrants Beaten, Starved, Sexually Violated by Criminal Groups
- One in 10 Displaced Syrians Returned Home