Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is Nigeria’s Coordinating Minister for Economy and Minister of Finance. From 2007-2011, she was Managing Director of the World Bank, responsible for overseeing the Bank’s operations in Africa, South Asia, Europe, and Central Asia.
The time is right for concerted international action on domestic resource mobilisation in the developing world. Recent high [...]
via IPS News
WASHINGTON, Dec 6 2012 (IPS) - Increasingly distressed over the possible consequences of Israel’s recent steps to punish the Palestinian Authority (PA) and consolidate its hold on the West Bank, a number of prominent voices here are urging President Barack Obama to exert real pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu [...]
- More Bang for Your Buck: Saving Lives by Investing in the Poorest
- China Drives Nuclear Expansion in Argentina, but with Strings Attached
- Working Toward a World Without Parkinson’s Disease
- Why Is International Human Rights Law Such an Easy Target?
- Any Way to Help Slow Down Climate Change… Individually?
- Sharjah named World Book Capital 2019
- Europe Stands by Caribbean on Climate Funding
- Putting the Spotlight on Women Migrant Workers
- Rural Poverty? Cooperatives!
- Global Devaluation of Work Drives Up Unemployment in Brazil