Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is Nigeria’s Coordinating Minister for Economy and Minister of Finance. From 2007-2011, she was Managing Director of the World Bank, responsible for overseeing the Bank’s operations in Africa, South Asia, Europe, and Central Asia.
The time is right for concerted international action on domestic resource mobilisation in the developing world. Recent high [...]
via IPS News
WASHINGTON, Dec 6 2012 (IPS) - Increasingly distressed over the possible consequences of Israel’s recent steps to punish the Palestinian Authority (PA) and consolidate its hold on the West Bank, a number of prominent voices here are urging President Barack Obama to exert real pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu [...]
- Pakistani Deportees
- Why we need to stand united against governments cracking down on dissent
- Opinion: Increasing Productivity Key to Revive Growth and Support Sustainable Development in Asia and the Pacific
- In sight but out of mind
- Playing Ping Pong with Disability
- Times of Violence and Resistance for Latin American Journalists
- Why the World Needs a UN Leader Who Stands Up for Human Rights
- The Hypocrisy of the West and Fiscal Paradise
- Choose Humanity: Make the Impossible Choice Possible!
- Musicians Champion LGBT Rights