Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is Nigeria’s Coordinating Minister for Economy and Minister of Finance. From 2007-2011, she was Managing Director of the World Bank, responsible for overseeing the Bank’s operations in Africa, South Asia, Europe, and Central Asia.
The time is right for concerted international action on domestic resource mobilisation in the developing world. Recent high [...]
via IPS News
WASHINGTON, Dec 6 2012 (IPS) - Increasingly distressed over the possible consequences of Israel’s recent steps to punish the Palestinian Authority (PA) and consolidate its hold on the West Bank, a number of prominent voices here are urging President Barack Obama to exert real pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu [...]
- Can the Kenyan Lion Kick High Enough to Be the South Korean Tiger of Africa?
- Hunger in Africa, Land of Plenty
- How to Change the Future of Migration
- Food for Thoughtful Health
- Stepping Forward to Lead on Indigenous Rights
- Overcoming the Challenges: Securing the World’s Food, Energy and Water
- Trying to Make Immigration an Option Rather than a Need in Latin America
- Humanitarian Needs Spike as Rohingya Arrivals in Cox’s Bazar Top 536,000
- Not True that Hunger Doesn’t Discriminate — It Does
- Women are Pivotal to Addressing Hunger, Malnutrition and Poverty