Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is Nigeria’s Coordinating Minister for Economy and Minister of Finance. From 2007-2011, she was Managing Director of the World Bank, responsible for overseeing the Bank’s operations in Africa, South Asia, Europe, and Central Asia.
The time is right for concerted international action on domestic resource mobilisation in the developing world. Recent high [...]
via IPS News
WASHINGTON, Dec 6 2012 (IPS) - Increasingly distressed over the possible consequences of Israel’s recent steps to punish the Palestinian Authority (PA) and consolidate its hold on the West Bank, a number of prominent voices here are urging President Barack Obama to exert real pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu [...]
- Number 2
- An African Dream Called Lampedusa
- More U.N. States Quietly Say No to Drug War
- Orphaned by Poverty
- Staff Accuses U.N. of Violating Human Rights
- Mandela, Pacifist or Rebel?
- Number 1
- Free Expression Another Casualty of Sanctions
- When Families Fear “Human Services”
- AIDS-Free Generation Still a Dream in Southern Africa