Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is Nigeria’s Coordinating Minister for Economy and Minister of Finance. From 2007-2011, she was Managing Director of the World Bank, responsible for overseeing the Bank’s operations in Africa, South Asia, Europe, and Central Asia.
The time is right for concerted international action on domestic resource mobilisation in the developing world. Recent high [...]
via IPS News
WASHINGTON, Dec 6 2012 (IPS) - Increasingly distressed over the possible consequences of Israel’s recent steps to punish the Palestinian Authority (PA) and consolidate its hold on the West Bank, a number of prominent voices here are urging President Barack Obama to exert real pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu [...]
- “París Is Not the End of a Climate Change Process but a Beginning”
- Zimbabwe’s Long Road in Ending Poverty and Hunger
- Opinion: Ending Child Marriage – What Difference Can a Summit Make?
- New York Vows to Stop Terrorist Attacks on City
- Better Nutrition for Better Lives
- Uganda, Tanzania Need Gender Sensitive Climate Change Policies
- Drought Threatens Water-Truck Lifeline in Parched Northeast Brazil
- Women Suffer Psychological Problems After Living Under Taliban
- Terrorism Index Shows Nine-Fold Increase Since 2000
- World’s Poorest Nations Battle Rising Rural Poverty