Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is Nigeria’s Coordinating Minister for Economy and Minister of Finance. From 2007-2011, she was Managing Director of the World Bank, responsible for overseeing the Bank’s operations in Africa, South Asia, Europe, and Central Asia.
The time is right for concerted international action on domestic resource mobilisation in the developing world. Recent high [...]
via IPS News
WASHINGTON, Dec 6 2012 (IPS) - Increasingly distressed over the possible consequences of Israel’s recent steps to punish the Palestinian Authority (PA) and consolidate its hold on the West Bank, a number of prominent voices here are urging President Barack Obama to exert real pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu [...]
- Women’s Health Takes Center Stage at UN Population Awards
- Disagreement Continues Over Global Drug Policy
- Ethiopia-Eritrea: The Cry of the Imburi
- Let 5-year-old Sherry Tell You How Handwashing with Soap Saves Lives
- Bringing Back Our Girls Is Not The End of The Story
- Political Crisis Looms in Nicaragua in Run-Up to Elections
- Brits Shouldn’t ‘Brexit’
- Lords of the Campus
- Collective Indifference or Silent Acceptance?
- UN Staff Unions Demand Stronger Action on Sexual Abuse