by Jim Lobe
In critiquing Sebastian Rotella’s recent ProPublica report about alleged Iranian/Hezbollah activities in Latin America, I came across a surprising discovery. As readers of this blog know, Rotella had misattributed a quotation uttered by far-right Florida Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen in February last year to Director of National Intelligence [...]
By Yasar Sharifi
Yasar Sharifi writes for Killid, an independent Afghan media group in partnership with IPS. By distributing the testimonies of survivors of war crimes through print and radio, Killid strives for greater public awareness about people’s hopes and claims for justice, reconciliation and peace.
For this testimony, Sharifi interviewed Wasel Khan, who relives the Hada massacre of 1984, one [...]
- Are Public Enterprises Necessarily Inefficient?
- Climate Doomsday – Another Step Closer
- UN Cuba Embargo Vote: United States Abstains for First Time
- Funding Lags to Combat Land Degradation
- Stronger Collaboration for Greater Energy Access in Asia Pacific
- Cuba’s Fish Farming Industry Seeks to Double Output by 2030
- UN Must Fight Tax Evasion, Says UN Expert
- Kenya Greens Drylands to Combat Land Degradation
- Climate Deal on HFCs
- Amal Al Qubaisi Stresses Importance of Parliamentarians’ Role in Protecting National Sovereignty