by Jim Lobe
In critiquing Sebastian Rotella’s recent ProPublica report about alleged Iranian/Hezbollah activities in Latin America, I came across a surprising discovery. As readers of this blog know, Rotella had misattributed a quotation uttered by far-right Florida Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen in February last year to Director of National Intelligence [...]
By Yasar Sharifi
Yasar Sharifi writes for Killid, an independent Afghan media group in partnership with IPS. By distributing the testimonies of survivors of war crimes through print and radio, Killid strives for greater public awareness about people’s hopes and claims for justice, reconciliation and peace.
For this testimony, Sharifi interviewed Wasel Khan, who relives the Hada massacre of 1984, one [...]
- Violence Against Women Journalists Threatens Media Freedom
- UN Predicts 40 Percent Water Shortfall by 2030
- How We Can Keep Press Freedom from Withering Away?While a free press means that a journalist has rights, it does not mean that she or he is right.
- A Tale of Twin States
- Democracy Under Construction
- Pakistani Deportees
- Why we need to stand united against governments cracking down on dissent
- Opinion: Increasing Productivity Key to Revive Growth and Support Sustainable Development in Asia and the Pacific
- In sight but out of mind
- Playing Ping Pong with Disability