by Jim Lobe
In critiquing Sebastian Rotella’s recent ProPublica report about alleged Iranian/Hezbollah activities in Latin America, I came across a surprising discovery. As readers of this blog know, Rotella had misattributed a quotation uttered by far-right Florida Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen in February last year to Director of National Intelligence [...]
By Yasar Sharifi
Yasar Sharifi writes for Killid, an independent Afghan media group in partnership with IPS. By distributing the testimonies of survivors of war crimes through print and radio, Killid strives for greater public awareness about people’s hopes and claims for justice, reconciliation and peace.
For this testimony, Sharifi interviewed Wasel Khan, who relives the Hada massacre of 1984, one [...]
- Staff Accuses U.N. of Violating Human Rights
- Mandela, Pacifist or Rebel?
- Number 1
- Free Expression Another Casualty of Sanctions
- When Families Fear “Human Services”
- AIDS-Free Generation Still a Dream in Southern Africa
- OP-ED: What Europe Must Do for Syrian Refugees
- Poll Finds Iranians Sceptical of Rouhani Government
- Deforestation Spawns Creeping Desert in Central Argentina
- Working To Honour Nelson Mandela’s Legacy