by Jim Lobe
In critiquing Sebastian Rotella’s recent ProPublica report about alleged Iranian/Hezbollah activities in Latin America, I came across a surprising discovery. As readers of this blog know, Rotella had misattributed a quotation uttered by far-right Florida Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen in February last year to Director of National Intelligence [...]
By Yasar Sharifi
Yasar Sharifi writes for Killid, an independent Afghan media group in partnership with IPS. By distributing the testimonies of survivors of war crimes through print and radio, Killid strives for greater public awareness about people’s hopes and claims for justice, reconciliation and peace.
For this testimony, Sharifi interviewed Wasel Khan, who relives the Hada massacre of 1984, one [...]
- Sustainable Land Management, the Formula to Combat Desertification
- Trump is Here to Stay and Change the World
- IOM’s Director General Swing Praises Spain for Bringing 600+ Migrants to Safety
- Fertility Struggles More Open – and Shared on Social Media
- Ethiopia to Return Land in Bid for Peace with Eritrea
- Consumers and Private Sector critical in fighting droughts and land degradation, says UN
- Abu Dhabi Fund for Development earmarks USD 3 billion to support sustainable development in Ethiopia
- Brazil’s Agricultural Heavyweight Status Undermines Food Supply
- Now is Not the Time to Give up on the People of DRC
- Europe, Sharing the Love?