by Jim Lobe
In critiquing Sebastian Rotella’s recent ProPublica report about alleged Iranian/Hezbollah activities in Latin America, I came across a surprising discovery. As readers of this blog know, Rotella had misattributed a quotation uttered by far-right Florida Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen in February last year to Director of National Intelligence [...]
By Yasar Sharifi
Yasar Sharifi writes for Killid, an independent Afghan media group in partnership with IPS. By distributing the testimonies of survivors of war crimes through print and radio, Killid strives for greater public awareness about people’s hopes and claims for justice, reconciliation and peace.
For this testimony, Sharifi interviewed Wasel Khan, who relives the Hada massacre of 1984, one [...]
- Outgunned by Rich Polluters, Africa to Bring United Front to Climate Talks
- OPINION: Tackling the Proliferation of Patents to Avoid Limitations to Competition
- Blistering Drought Leaves the Poorest High and Dry
- ‘Youth Exodus’ Reveals Lack of Opportunities
- Militarising the Ebola Crisis
- Arms Trade Treaty Gains Momentum with 50th Ratification
- Iraq Looking for an ‘Independent’ Sunni Defense Minister
- Zero Nuclear Weapons: A Never-Ending Journey Ahead
- Championing Ocean Conservation Or Paying Lip Service to the Seas?
- Cuba’s Sugar Industry to Use Bagasse for Bioenergy