by Jim Lobe
In critiquing Sebastian Rotella’s recent ProPublica report about alleged Iranian/Hezbollah activities in Latin America, I came across a surprising discovery. As readers of this blog know, Rotella had misattributed a quotation uttered by far-right Florida Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen in February last year to Director of National Intelligence [...]
By Yasar Sharifi
Yasar Sharifi writes for Killid, an independent Afghan media group in partnership with IPS. By distributing the testimonies of survivors of war crimes through print and radio, Killid strives for greater public awareness about people’s hopes and claims for justice, reconciliation and peace.
For this testimony, Sharifi interviewed Wasel Khan, who relives the Hada massacre of 1984, one [...]
- Alternative Mining Indaba Makes Its Voice Heard
- Expansion of Renewable Energies in Mexico Has Victims, Too
- The Planned US Border Tax Would Most Likely Violate WTO Rules – Part 2
- Still in Limbo, Somaliland Banking on Berbera
- Beware of the New US Protectionist Plan, the Border Adjustment Tax – Part 1
- Improved Cookstoves Boost Health and Forest Cover in the Himalayas
- Can Bangladesh Become an Economic Powerhouse?
- Corruption Kills
- Washington Rules Change, Again
- Energy Access Builds Inclusive Economies and Resilient Communities