by Jim Lobe
In critiquing Sebastian Rotella’s recent ProPublica report about alleged Iranian/Hezbollah activities in Latin America, I came across a surprising discovery. As readers of this blog know, Rotella had misattributed a quotation uttered by far-right Florida Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen in February last year to Director of National Intelligence [...]
By Yasar Sharifi
Yasar Sharifi writes for Killid, an independent Afghan media group in partnership with IPS. By distributing the testimonies of survivors of war crimes through print and radio, Killid strives for greater public awareness about people’s hopes and claims for justice, reconciliation and peace.
For this testimony, Sharifi interviewed Wasel Khan, who relives the Hada massacre of 1984, one [...]
- Around 90 percent of Al Jazeera budget comes from the Qatari government: Director General of Al Jazeera Media Network
- Minamata Convention, Curbing Mercury Use, is Now Legally Binding
- Wonder Woman Should STILL be a UN Ambassador
- Population Aging: Hallmark of the 21st Century
- What Does “Climate-Smart Agriculture” Really Mean? New Tool Breaks It Down
- The Perils of Irregular Migration: From Migrant to Migrants
- New Tool Separates Wheat from Chaff for Climate-Smart Ag Finance
- Will Renewable Energies Finally Get Their Chance in Argentina?
- Yemen: African Migrants Beaten, Starved, Sexually Violated by Criminal Groups
- One in 10 Displaced Syrians Returned Home