How Does the Global War on Terror Ever End?
via Tom Dispatch
[This epilogue to Scahill’s bestselling book, Dirty Wars: The World Is a Battlefield, is posted with the kind permission of its publisher, Nation Books.]
On January 21, 2013, Barack Obama was inaugurated for his second term [...]
by Jim Lobe
For Taiwan that is. Our alumnus, Eli Clifton, makes a pretty good case below in his piece this week for The Nation, which we reprint with permission of the magazine.
Two quick points about the article:
via Lobe Log
The Nation’s Jeremy Scahill injects some badly needed context into the media frenzy over David Petraeus’s CIA resignation by examining the four-star General’s legacy against the backdrop of an increasingly militarized intelligence agency:
As head of US Central Command in 2009, Petraeus issued execute orders that significantly broadened the ability [...]
A computer virus that appears aimed at Iranian nuclear facilities and other Iranian industrial installations is making headlines around the globe as the malware leaps borders and cybersystems. Robert Dreyfuss, The Nation‘s excellent progressive national security blogger, rounds up some reports in a post on the subject.
He speculates while President George W. Bush’s [...]
- “Their Hope for a Brighter Future Inspires Us All”
- President Biden Refuses to Make our Climate Crisis Worse
- “Teach Us How to Become Carpenters” – South Sudanese Want to Shape Their Future
- Fiji’s Presidency of the Human Rights Council Brings Opportunity and Responsibility to the Pacific
- Protecting Mental Health of Families in a Pandemic
- Q&A: Why we Must Invest in Educating Children in Crisis-Hit Burkina Faso
- Personal Testimonies, Pledges Mark the Start of the ‘Fair Share to End Child Labour’ Campaign
- Biden’s Arms Control Ambitions are Welcome—but Delivering Them will not be Easy
- With a War-Mongering President Gone, is the World Safe from Nuclear Brinkmanship?
- Will Biden Administration Respond to the Treaty on Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons, End Threat of a Nuclear War & Bring Nuclear-armed States Together to Achieve Global Nuclear Disarmament?