How Does the Global War on Terror Ever End?
via Tom Dispatch
[This epilogue to Scahill’s bestselling book, Dirty Wars: The World Is a Battlefield, is posted with the kind permission of its publisher, Nation Books.]
On January 21, 2013, Barack Obama was inaugurated for his second term [...]
by Jim Lobe
For Taiwan that is. Our alumnus, Eli Clifton, makes a pretty good case below in his piece this week for The Nation, which we reprint with permission of the magazine.
Two quick points about the article:
via Lobe Log
The Nation’s Jeremy Scahill injects some badly needed context into the media frenzy over David Petraeus’s CIA resignation by examining the four-star General’s legacy against the backdrop of an increasingly militarized intelligence agency:
As head of US Central Command in 2009, Petraeus issued execute orders that significantly broadened the ability [...]
A computer virus that appears aimed at Iranian nuclear facilities and other Iranian industrial installations is making headlines around the globe as the malware leaps borders and cybersystems. Robert Dreyfuss, The Nation‘s excellent progressive national security blogger, rounds up some reports in a post on the subject.
He speculates while President George W. Bush’s [...]
- Ethnic Violence in Ethiopia Amid Shadowy Politics
- Belgian City of Mechelen Embraces Integration
- Lobbying & Sponsorships at COP23 Corrupted Climate Talks
- Who Are Kenya’s Financially Excluded?
- Turkish Surveillance Invades Social Media Privacy
- Desperate Need to Halt ‘World’s Largest Killer’ — Pollution
- Beyond Piketty: on income inequality
- UAE bears treatment costs of 88 injured Yemenis in Indian hospitals
- At Climate Summit, Two Global Energy Alliances Emerge
- The World is Losing the Battle Against Child Labour