via Lobe Log
In what is sure to be one of the most glaringly obvious headlines written about the General Petraeus-Paula Broadwell affair, the Washington Post writes: “Petraeus hoped affair would stay secret and he could keep his job as CIA director.”
Clearly, things did not go according to plan. Right after the [...]
Prompted by the end of the U.S. combat mission in Iraq (at least in letter, if not in actuality), many of the hawks who pushed hardest for the 2003 invasion are coming out of the woodwork to argue once again that the war was both successful and necessary. While most hawks have restricted their [...]
Marc Lynch has a fascinating post examining a recent (unofficial) document posted on a jihadist forum, entitled A Strategic Plan to Improve the Political Position of the Islamic State of Iraq. The whole post is worth reading for insight into the current state of thinking about the Iraq war on the part of Al [...]
- Nuclear Deal with Iran Likely to Enhance U.S. Regional Leverage
- Latin America at a Climate Crossroads
- U.N. Pushes Climate-Smart Agriculture – But Are the Farmers Willing to Change?
- As Uganda Heats Up, Pests and Disease Flourish to Attack its Top Export Crop
- Pushing for Cities to Take Lead on Climate Change
- U.N. Launches Ambitious Humanitarian Plan for Gaza
- Tackling Climate Change and Promoting Development: A “Win-Win”
- Will the Upcoming Climate Summit Be Another Talkathon?
- OPINION: A Climate Summit to Spark Action
- U.S. Ground Troops Possible in Anti-ISIS Battle