via Lobe Log
In what is sure to be one of the most glaringly obvious headlines written about the General Petraeus-Paula Broadwell affair, the Washington Post writes: “Petraeus hoped affair would stay secret and he could keep his job as CIA director.”
Clearly, things did not go according to plan. Right after the [...]
Prompted by the end of the U.S. combat mission in Iraq (at least in letter, if not in actuality), many of the hawks who pushed hardest for the 2003 invasion are coming out of the woodwork to argue once again that the war was both successful and necessary. While most hawks have restricted their [...]
Marc Lynch has a fascinating post examining a recent (unofficial) document posted on a jihadist forum, entitled A Strategic Plan to Improve the Political Position of the Islamic State of Iraq. The whole post is worth reading for insight into the current state of thinking about the Iraq war on the part of Al [...]
- A Historic Day in Colombia
- What Does Leaving No One Behind Really Mean?
- Two years on, Peña Nieto cannot brush off Ayotzinapa stain
- Leading Towards a Better World?
- Behind Closed Doors
- Canals Save Cambodian Farmers in Times of Drought
- Global South Address Sustainable Development Challenges
- Governments Band Together to Address Antibiotic Resistance
- The Right to Development at 30 Years
- Mexico City’s Expansion Creates Tension between Residents and Authorities