via Lobe Log
In what is sure to be one of the most glaringly obvious headlines written about the General Petraeus-Paula Broadwell affair, the Washington Post writes: “Petraeus hoped affair would stay secret and he could keep his job as CIA director.”
Clearly, things did not go according to plan. Right after the [...]
Prompted by the end of the U.S. combat mission in Iraq (at least in letter, if not in actuality), many of the hawks who pushed hardest for the 2003 invasion are coming out of the woodwork to argue once again that the war was both successful and necessary. While most hawks have restricted their [...]
Marc Lynch has a fascinating post examining a recent (unofficial) document posted on a jihadist forum, entitled A Strategic Plan to Improve the Political Position of the Islamic State of Iraq. The whole post is worth reading for insight into the current state of thinking about the Iraq war on the part of Al [...]
- Why Principle Matters at UN Human Rights Council
- OPINION: Africans’ Land Rights at Risk as New Agricultural Trend Sweeps Continent
- Struggling to Find Water in the Vast Pacific
- Arab Region Has World’s Fastest Growing HIV Epidemic
- Jordan’s LGBT Community Fears Greater Intolerance
- U.N. Chief Applauds AoC For Building Bridges to Peace
- New Technology Boosts Fisherfolk Security
- Europe’s Two-Time Turnabout on Syria/Iraq
- Will Climate Change Denialism Help the Russian Economy?
- Ban on Nuke Tests OK, But Where’s the Ban on Nuke Weapons?