via Lobe Log
In what is sure to be one of the most glaringly obvious headlines written about the General Petraeus-Paula Broadwell affair, the Washington Post writes: “Petraeus hoped affair would stay secret and he could keep his job as CIA director.”
Clearly, things did not go according to plan. Right after the [...]
Prompted by the end of the U.S. combat mission in Iraq (at least in letter, if not in actuality), many of the hawks who pushed hardest for the 2003 invasion are coming out of the woodwork to argue once again that the war was both successful and necessary. While most hawks have restricted their [...]
Marc Lynch has a fascinating post examining a recent (unofficial) document posted on a jihadist forum, entitled A Strategic Plan to Improve the Political Position of the Islamic State of Iraq. The whole post is worth reading for insight into the current state of thinking about the Iraq war on the part of Al [...]
- New GCF Project Signals Paradigm Shift for Water-Scarce Barbados
- Homebound: Hardship Awaits Internally Displaced Iraqis
- Can modern bio-economy strengthen the climate agreement and energy security?
- Another Debt Crisis for Poor Countries?
- After More Than a Decade, Rights of Indigenous Peoples Not Fully Realized
- Mediterranean Migrant Arrivals Reach 17,461 in 2018; Deaths Reach 559
- DR Congo’s Mai-Ndombe Forest ‘Savaged’ As Landless Communities Struggle
- A Child of War Dedicates Herself to Peace
- Keeping Power in Check – Media, Justice and the Rule of Law
- Africa Grapples With Huge Disparities in Education