via Lobe Log
In what is sure to be one of the most glaringly obvious headlines written about the General Petraeus-Paula Broadwell affair, the Washington Post writes: “Petraeus hoped affair would stay secret and he could keep his job as CIA director.”
Clearly, things did not go according to plan. Right after the [...]
Prompted by the end of the U.S. combat mission in Iraq (at least in letter, if not in actuality), many of the hawks who pushed hardest for the 2003 invasion are coming out of the woodwork to argue once again that the war was both successful and necessary. While most hawks have restricted their [...]
Marc Lynch has a fascinating post examining a recent (unofficial) document posted on a jihadist forum, entitled A Strategic Plan to Improve the Political Position of the Islamic State of Iraq. The whole post is worth reading for insight into the current state of thinking about the Iraq war on the part of Al [...]
- Local Development, the Key to Legitimising Amazon Hydropower Dams
- Stop Food Waste – Cook It and Eat It
- Faith Leaders Call for Debt Relief to Puerto Rico
- Activists Criticise Offshore Drilling as Obama Prepares for Arctic Summit
- Will New Sri Lankan Government Prioritize Resettlement of War-Displaced?
- Europe Squabbles While Refugees Die
- OECD Urges Further Reforms for an Inclusive South Africa
- Latin America Lagging in ICT Sustainable Development Goal
- Disarmament Conference Ends with Ambitious Goal – But How to Get There?
- U.S.-Made Cluster Munitions Causing Civilian Deaths in Yemen