via Lobe Log
The US and EU are touting Iran’s currency woes as proof that sanctions are working, though it’s not clear to what end. The Wall Street Journal reports that the Western powers “are working on new coordinated measures intended to accelerate the recent plunge of Iran’s currency and drain its foreign-exchange reserves”:
The first [...]
The Washington Post has put up an interview with former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger on US foreign policy and the 2012 elections. Kissinger states that the US “cannot” go ahead and “make a public announcement than can be used by Israel or any country as its justification for going to war”:
There are two ways [...]
News and views relevant to U.S.-Iran relations for October 11th, 2010.
The Washington Post: In an editorial, WaPo’s Jackson Diehl writes the Obama administration’s foreign policy strategy is marked by public and highly choreographed “process” and timelines. On Iran, Diehl points to the administration’s statement last spring that Iran was two to five [...]
News and views relevant to U.S.-Iran relations for September 2, 2010.
The Washington Post: Scott Wilson writes that shared regional fears of a nuclear weapons possessing Iran might be a catalyst for a breakthrough in this week’s Arab-Israeli peace talks. “Iran’s ambitions, which have cast a long shadow over the greater Middle East, may [...]
- Resumption of China-US Contacts: Use of Protocol as Peacetime Weapon in an Unstable World
- Increasing Revenue & Protecting Public Health During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- After Vilifying the UN, US Returns to the World Body
- WTO Inches Closer To Agreement on Harmful Fishing Subsidies
- When Branded as a Born Criminal: The Plight of India’s De-Notified Tribes
- Civil Society Leading Covid-19 Mask Campaign in South Asia – Podcast
- Muslim Women in India’s Workforce: Where Are They?
- What Public Health Officials Can Learn from a New Long COVID Survey
- Are UN’s Sustainable Development Goals in the Doldrums Due to the Corona Virus?
- DR Congo, Ituri. Fleeing War, Weaving Life in IDP Camps of Bunia