Earlier this week, Ambassador Chas W. Freeman offered some invaluable insights on WikiLeaks, which Jim Lobe and I wrote about in this IPS piece and I shared here. I thought I’d take another chance to empty my notebook of more of Freeman’s observations. (And check out his new book.)
Freeman, who has extensive [...]
As a sidebar to a piece Jim Lobe and I have up at IPS, we discussed a poll released in August by Shibley Telhami of the Brookings Institution and the Zogby International polling firm.
The media coverage of hostile remarks about Iran from some Gulf Arab leaders, among others, largely glazed over the autocratic [...]
- Addressing the Global Biodiversity Crisis Requires Understanding and Prioritizing the Many Values of Nature
- Mexico Makes Risky Bet on Liquefied Gas in New Global Scenario
- A Voice for African Wildlife: A Conversation with Kaddu Sebunya
- The Urgency to Ban All Wars
- Reimagining Ageing: Older Persons as Agents of Development
- International Criminal Court at 20: Renewing the Promise of Justice for the Gravest Crimes
- UN’s “No-Fly List” on Sexual Harassment Falls Short, Complains Rights Group
- Digital Training in Pakistani Villages Yields Bumper Participation
- Bangladesh Flood Victims Cry for Relief
- NATO Summit Set to Further Militarise Europe, Expand in Africa?