by Esfandyar Batmanghelidj
On Aug. 29 the US Treasury added 28 Iranian individuals and entities to its ever-expanding sanctions list. Expectedly, Tehran denounced the decision.
“They are in conflict with the spirit of talks. They are unconstructive in my opinion,” said Iranian President Hassan Rouhani during an Aug. 30 news conference broadcast [...]
By Erich Ferrari
via Sanctions Law
This was a big year for sanctions. Although 2012 isn’t over yet and there is some pending legislation threatening to impose more sanctions against Iran and a forthcoming set of regulations from OFAC on some of the additional Iran sanctions we saw in the late summer/early fall, [...]
- Compensation Hard to Ensure
- West Papuans Turn to Africa for Support in Freedom Bid
- “Together, Civil Society Has Power”
- Opinion: Illicit Financial Flows
- World Farmers’ Organisation Meeting Eyes New Markets, Fresh Investment
- Can the UN Security Council Stop Hospitals Being Targets in War?
- A long, Insulting Walk to Justice for Rape Victims in Bangladesh
- El Nino-Induced Drought in Zimbabwe
- Violence Against Women Journalists Threatens Media Freedom
- UN Predicts 40 Percent Water Shortfall by 2030