via Lobe Log
This weekend, Ariel Sharon’s son Gilad published an instantly-notorious op-ed in which he called for Israel to abandon any attempt to distinguish combatants from civilians and “flatten all of Gaza” — a proposal of genocide or something close to it. The same day, however, saw the publication of
Walter Russell Mead has a new piece in which he reiterates the argument that he’s been making for some time: namely, that U.S. policy towards Israel is not the product of special interests or lobbies, and in fact has little to do with the political views of American Jews at all. Rather, argues Mead, [...]
- Down With Sustainable Development! Long Live Convivial Degrowth!
- Azerbaijan’s Rights Activists on the Brink
- OPINION: From Shared Concern to Shared Action – Thoughts on the Vienna Conference on the Humanitarian Impact of Nuclear Weapons
- Refugees Between a Legal Rock and a Hard Place in Lebanon
- Will Myanmar’s ‘Triple Transition’ Help Eradicate Crushing Poverty?
- To Fight Inequality, Latin America Needs Transparency…and More
- The Future of the Planet and the Irresponsibility of Governments
- Proposal for International Anti-Corruption Court Seeing “Significant” Momentum
- Mexico’s Undead Rise Up
- Inequality in Mexico Is All About Wages