by Charles Davis
The only thing the outside world really knows about Waziristan is that it is dangerous. Since 2004, there have been hundreds of US drone strikes there, which government officials assure are killing dangerous people. But no foreign journalist travels to the most-bombed region of Pakistan to separate dead mother [...]
via Lobe Log
The US’s Acting Ambassador to Pakistan Richard Hoagland disclosed the information in an exchange with a number of American activists and journalists against the US’s undeclared drone war waged primarily in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) of the country.
The US Government has not published casualty lists for Pakistanis reported killed and [...]
- Syrian children talk about their futures on the way to school in Jordan
- World Press Freedom Day 2018
- Myanmar Unlikely to Resolve Rohingya Problem Without International Help
- From Declaration to Action: Improving Immunization in Africa
- The Nowhere People: Rohingyas in India
- Rohingya Refugee Families Reinforce Shelters, Relocate Ahead of Monsoon, But Dangers Remain in Crowded Bangladesh Camps
- Five Years After the Disaster: Rana Plaza Victims Still Hurting
- Development Prospects for Hundreds of Millions Remain in Jeopardy
- Illicit Trade in Oil & Fuel: an Emerging Global Policy Challenge
- Can Sustainable Bioeconomy be a Driver of Green Growth?