by Charles Davis
The only thing the outside world really knows about Waziristan is that it is dangerous. Since 2004, there have been hundreds of US drone strikes there, which government officials assure are killing dangerous people. But no foreign journalist travels to the most-bombed region of Pakistan to separate dead mother [...]
via Lobe Log
The US’s Acting Ambassador to Pakistan Richard Hoagland disclosed the information in an exchange with a number of American activists and journalists against the US’s undeclared drone war waged primarily in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) of the country.
The US Government has not published casualty lists for Pakistanis reported killed and [...]
- Africa Remains Resolute Heading to COP 24
- Is There a Remittance Trap?
- Africa Must Increase Spending on Health Care, Education & Modern Contraception
- Breaking Taboos: Teaching Migrant Communities about HIV/AIDS Prevention in Mauritania
- UN Vote on Palestine a Humiliating Defeat for US & its Envoy
- For the Survival of the Nile and its People
- Parliamentarians to Assess Population & Development Funding 24 Years After Historic Conference
- Developing Countries Losing Out To Digital Giants
- What Accounts For Southeast Asia’s Phenomenal Success?
- UAE has taken major steps to guarantee future food security: Mariam Almheiri