by Charles Davis
The only thing the outside world really knows about Waziristan is that it is dangerous. Since 2004, there have been hundreds of US drone strikes there, which government officials assure are killing dangerous people. But no foreign journalist travels to the most-bombed region of Pakistan to separate dead mother [...]
via Lobe Log
The US’s Acting Ambassador to Pakistan Richard Hoagland disclosed the information in an exchange with a number of American activists and journalists against the US’s undeclared drone war waged primarily in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) of the country.
The US Government has not published casualty lists for Pakistanis reported killed and [...]
- Why Is Women’s Leadership Not in the Headlines?
- Making State-Owned Enterprises Work for Climate in China and Beyond
- The Future We Want, The UN We Need
- Trump Pitched his Vision of a Global Order — at Odds with the UN Charter
- Scientists Draw up Guidelines to Help Agri-food Companies Align with 2030 Agenda
- Bending the Curve on Biodiversity Loss Requires Nothing Less than Transformational Change
- Africa at the Crossroads: Time to Abandon Failing Green Revolution
- Anne Larigauderie UN Biodiversity Summit #ForNature Video
- Looking for Jobs in Latin America – Can the Energy Transition Help?
- Fighting India’s Bonded Labour During the COVID-19 Pandemic – Part 1