via Lobe Log
Last week Paul Pillar wrote that our sanctions-happy Congress is hindering progress with Iran. This week three high-level former US officials are asking Congress to not lose sight of the end-goal — peacefully reaching a mutually acceptable settlement over Iran’s nuclear program — by strangling Iran to [...]
via IPS News
Iran is unlikely to agree to curb its nuclear programme unless the U.S. and its Western allies are prepared to ease tough economic sanctions imposed against the Islamic Republic over the past decade, according to a major new report signed by more than three dozen former top U.S. foreign-policy [...]
- New Fund to Build on “Unprecedented Convergence” Around Land Rights
- Is Newly-Renovated U.N. Readying For Balkanisation of World?
- Can ‘Womenomics’ Stem the Feminisation of Poverty in Japan?
- Promoting Human Rights Through Global Citizenship Education
- Honduran Mothers and Grandmothers Search Far and Wide for Missing Migrants
- Uganda’s Youth Discover the Beauty in Farming
- OPINION: Fighting ISIS and the Morning After
- OPINION: Sleepwalking Towards Nuclear War
- New U.N. Mission to Fight Spreading Ebola Virus
- Nuclear Deal with Iran Likely to Enhance U.S. Regional Leverage