by Fariba Parsa
via IPS News
While U.S. and Iranian negotiators prepare for another round of nuclear talks in Geneva next month, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has been silent about another matter that could be even more indicative of his willingness to take on hardline conservatives.
On Sept. 22, the Iranian [...]
via Lobe Log
The bad news about Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi’s expanding constitutional powers in Egypt is the threat of another dictatorship in Egypt. The good news is that normal politics is returning to Egypt after decades of brutal authoritarian regimes.
Recent mass demonstrations in support of and opposition to Morsi’s new draft constitution [...]
- Dumping Ban Urged for Australia’s Iconic Reef
- War Veterans Planting for Peace in South Sudan
- Organic Farming Taking Off in Poland … Slowly
- No Hope for AIDS-Free Generation in Uganda as Controversial HIV Bill is Signed into Law
- Zambia’s Cash Transfer Schemes Cushion Needy Against Climate Shocks
- U.S., Brazil Nearing Approval of Genetically Engineered Trees
- Churches at the Frontline of Climate Action
- Caregiving Exacerbates the Burden for Women in Cuba
- Karachi Residents Trapped Between Armed Assassins and Private Bodyguards
- OPINION: Violations of International Law Denigrate U.N.