by Fariba Parsa
via IPS News
While U.S. and Iranian negotiators prepare for another round of nuclear talks in Geneva next month, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has been silent about another matter that could be even more indicative of his willingness to take on hardline conservatives.
On Sept. 22, the Iranian [...]
via Lobe Log
The bad news about Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi’s expanding constitutional powers in Egypt is the threat of another dictatorship in Egypt. The good news is that normal politics is returning to Egypt after decades of brutal authoritarian regimes.
Recent mass demonstrations in support of and opposition to Morsi’s new draft constitution [...]
- OPINION: Invest in Young People to Harness Africa’s Demographic Dividend
- Boosting the Natural Disaster Immunity of Caribbean Hospitals
- Georgia’s Female Drug Addicts Face Double Struggle
- Africa Seeks Commitment to Adaptation in Climate Deal
- Environmental Funding Bypasses Indigenous Communities
- Will Governments Keep Their Promises on the Human Right to Water?
- Surprisingly Equal, Surprisingly Unequal
- U.N. Urged to Reaffirm Reproductive Rights in Post-2015 Agenda
- OPINION: Step Up Efforts Against Hunger
- Geographical Divide in Maternal Health for Syrian Refugees