by Fariba Parsa
via IPS News
While U.S. and Iranian negotiators prepare for another round of nuclear talks in Geneva next month, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has been silent about another matter that could be even more indicative of his willingness to take on hardline conservatives.
On Sept. 22, the Iranian [...]
via Lobe Log
The bad news about Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi’s expanding constitutional powers in Egypt is the threat of another dictatorship in Egypt. The good news is that normal politics is returning to Egypt after decades of brutal authoritarian regimes.
Recent mass demonstrations in support of and opposition to Morsi’s new draft constitution [...]
- Human Rights Low on U.S-Africa Policy Summit
- Cash Transfers Drive Human Development in Brazil
- Cameroon’s Muslim Clerics Turn to Education to Shun Boko Haram
- World Bank Board Declines to Revise Controversial Draft Policies
- Land Grabbing – A New Political Strategy for Arab Countries
- China’s ‘Left-Behind Girls’ Learn Self-Protection
- Bill to Fight Discrimination Against HIV-Positive Venezuelans
- Is Europe’s Breadbasket Up for Grabs?
- Israel Lobby Galvanises Support for Gaza War
- Oil Alliance Between China and Costa Rica Comes to Life Again