Background – After evolving from an international wire service into an increasing multi-media communication organisation, Inter Press Service (IPS) is launching a sister operation, an Internet TV news service “IPS WebTV”.
IPS news agency has 50 years of experience in covering environment, human rights and development and a unique regional focus on the south. ThePnewsroom will be based in Rome, but the TV will cover global issues through a network of correspondents on the ground. Target audience is international, extending across the world from North America to Asia.
A strong social media policy will encompass both production and dissemination of contents, including live anchoring/moderating.
The journalist will:
- Present a daily live newscast on global issues
- Moderate panels and debates
- Conduct interviews with relevant global actors
- Select editorial/video material and performs all tasks necessary to use it on air, including scriptwriting, voice over and overseeing editing.
- Any other newsroom tasks that might be needed for the production of the newscast and other audio-visual content
Applicants should have:
- Professional background as TV anchor
- Newsroom experience in producing a TV Newscast
- Excellent English, mother tongue is a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of global topics
- Ability to integrate social media inputs within the live coverage of any story
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
How to apply
Cv and videos/link of relevant video-experience should be sent to: email@example.com
Interviews will be held in Rome or via Skype. Remuneration will be agreed with the successful candidate. No relocation expenses to Rome are available.
More about: Global