The IPS Support Group Meetings are an annual occasion for the IPS family (stakeholders including partners, clients and donors from media, civil society and the international community, as well as IPS boards members and key staff) to meet together and discuss timely issues related to the world of communication and development. Traditionally, Support Group meetings have been held every other year in Italy, where IPS headquarters is located, and have benefited from the invaluable support of local and national authorities. Below is a list of IPS Support group meetings held since 2003.
- International Seminar: Migration and Communication: Re-balancing information flows and dialogue – organised with the Finnish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the International Organization for Migration (IOM), held in Helsinki, Finland, on October 13, 2011 (more).
- International Seminar: Has Africa’s Time Come? – organised with the Spanish agency for international development (AECID), held in Madrid, Spain, on November 26, 2010 (more).
- Millennium Development Goal 3 and the role of the media – organised with the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Municipality of Rome, held in Rome, Italy, on November 26, 2009 (more).
- Strategies to preserve and increase the support base for global sustainable development – the role of the media – organised with Oxfam Novib and NCDO and in cooperation with DGIS, held in The Hague, The Netherlands, on October 23, 2008 (more).
- The role of communication in the dialogue among civilisations – held in Venice, Italy, on Thursday 29 November 2007 , with invaluable support from the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the local authorities of Venice (more).
- The new dimension of South–South and South-North communications – held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on Thursday 21 November 2006 and hosted by the Government of Brazil (more).
- The Millennium Development Goals and communication – held in Florence, Italy, on 27 and 28 October 2005 and hosted by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs with invaluable support from national, regional (Tuscany) and municipal (Florence) authorities (more).
- The role of media in the development of the Arab world – held in Helsinki, Finland, on Thursday 23 September 2004 and hosted by the Finnish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (more).
- Multilateral crisis, the future of cooperation, and the role of communication – held in Rome, Italy, on Thursday, 30 October 2003 and hosted by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs with the support of the Municipality of Rome ( more).
For further information, please contact the IPS headquarters at: