Continuing our media partnership with the Helsinki Process, IPS organized special coverage and proposed journalists from around the world to attend the HP Review Conference in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, on 27-29 November 2007. The Conference was about “Inclusive Governance – Bridging Global Divides” and IPS contributed to the communication and media dimensions.
The theme of the Conference was “Inclusive Governance – Bridging Global Divides” and it was to:
– review the achievements of the road maps and roundtables;
– evaluate lessons learned from multi-stakeholder cooperation in different contexts and with different topics;
– make recommendations for the future regarding which issues to pursue and how to organise multi-stakeholder cooperation in different contexts.
This event is a follow-on of the series of regional media workshops for journalists, organized by IPS for the Helsinki Process in 2004 and 2005, culminated, among others, with a high-level session held in New Delhi, India, in Februry 2005, addressed by the well-known Indian activist Vandana Shiva.
Reporting by IPS from Dar es Salaam included:
– HELSINKI PROCESS: Globalisation in the Dock
By Francis Kokutse and Rosalia Omungo
– HELSINKI PROCESS: Democracy as an Antidote to Extremism
By Francis Kokutse