The IPS Core Group was established in the 1980s to provide IPS with both guidance and orientation from the donor community with regard to its global mission in the field of communication and development , and to ensure continued financial sustainability.
A chair of the IPS Core Group is elected on a rotating basis. In 2013, the Corporate Communications Chief of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations took the chair.
Current invited members and observers include:
- - Directorate General for Development Cooperation, Federal Public Service Foreign Affairs, Flemish Agency for International Cooperation (VAIS)
- - General Secretariat of the Presidency
- - Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Department for International Cooperation
- - German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ)
- - Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) and Soka Gakkai International (SGI)
- - Royal Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- - the Government of Uruguay
United Arab Emirates
- - Emirates News Agency (WAM)
- - UN Women, United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- - The World Bank, The Group of 77