IPS is an international news agency that produces news features and analyses about development, the environment and rights. The news agency has a strong focus on developing countries, emerging economies and South-South co-operation.
Overall Purpose of the Job
IPS is seeking a technologically minded, results-driven, proactive team player, who will be responsible for the public presentation and the social marketing of the IPS editorial product online. The ideal candidate is an energetic and highly organized individual, with impeccable attention to detail, who will look for any opportunity to add value to projects.
- Experience in an online editorial environment
- Ability to write, headline, edit and copy-edit short texts
- Thorough knowledge and experience with managing social media platforms and blogs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, other languages an advantage
- Ability to negotiate and nurture relations with external content partners
Reporting to the Editors in Chief and to the Technical Director, the Online Content and Community Manager will help in the implementation of IPS online strategy, using the websites, social media, social networks and blogs with the goal of increasing IPS’ traffic and user engagement.
1. Manage IPS presence in social networking sites including Facebook and Twitter and other similar social media sites.
2. Identify and implement ways in which IPS can use social networks and social media to increase its reach, including the preparation of social media campaigns and other online activities.
3. In collaboration with the rest of the editorial team and using existing IPS material, will prepare content with Search Engine Optimization in mind.
4. Will syndicate content to increase its reach through agreements with relevant websites.
5. Manage regular weekly, byweekly and monthly newsletters that keep the audience engaged.
6. Maximize the use of IPS’ blogs to increase their reach.
7. Coordinate collaborative journalism efforts with IPS partners and like-minded media, in consultation with the EIC.
8. Monitor effectiveness of the actions, and adjust them accordingly, in consultation with the EIC and the TD.
9. Gather feedback from the whole activity to help IPS adjust its online strategy.
Depending on experience. Please include your current remuneration in your application letter. The contract for this post will be handled from IPS’s global administrative centre.
To apply please send your CV (max. 2 pages) and a cover letter (max. one page) which systematically outlines why your experience fits the job description and skills requirements. Please send to email@example.com by the 15th February. Shortlisted candidates can expect to be contacted before the end of the month.
Application Deadline – February 15, 2010