AFP reports that Iran and the U.S. had a brief “chat” during the Baghdad talks:
Iran’s lead nuclear negotiator had a rare “chat” with the head of the US delegation after talks between Tehran and world powers over the Islamic republic’s nuclear programme Thursday, officials said.
The “brief encounter” came after Iran rebuffed a US offer of face-to-face discussions between Wendy Sherman and her counterpart Saeed Jalili at the last talks between Iran and world powers in Istanbul last month.
“Jalili paused to chat with Sherman as they were leaving one of the plenaries,” a US official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
- A Special Adviser to Probe Racism and Discrimination at UN
- Road to COP27: Why Africa cannot be Complacent on Energy, Climate Change
- Heatwave and Drought Hit South America’s Crops and Economy
- Future of Coral Reefs in the Time of Climate Change
- Battle for Palestine: & the Day When David Felled Goliath with a Stone
- Youth Have the Spirit to Change Trajectory of Leprosy, says Yohei Sasakawa
- Our Global Food Systems Are Rife with Injustice: Here’s How We Can Change This
- The Rise of Religious Extremism & Anti-Muslim Politics in Sri Lanka
- Climate Inaction, Injustice Worsened by Finance Fiasco
- Community Organization and Solidarity in Peru Tackle Hunger in Pandemic