The National Iranian American Council (NIAC) has launched a campaign against the Mujahedin-e Khalq (MEK) which I give some background info on here. (My post was cited at Andrew Sullivan’s The Dish along with Trita Parsi’s important article.)
Considering the millions of dollars that have been poured into lobbying activities for the “cult” like Iranian exile organization (disliked by Iranians in Iran and abroad) and the kind of big-name support they’ve been receiving, taking them on is no small feat.
Today MEK supporters testified before congress. You can watch the feed here.
- Beyond Words: The Urgent Call for the US to Address Global Inequality Through Climate Action
- Poverty & Hunger Eradication Targeted to Miss UN’s 2030 Deadline by Wide Margins
- UN Meets on Effective Responses to Loss and Damage Ahead of COP28
- Reality is Governments Not Truly Held Accountable to Implement SDGs
- Bolivian Women Fight Prejudice to Be Accepted as Mechanics
- The Ocean Offers Rich Solutions for Climate Change
- Barriers to Movement are the Never Ending Normal for Palestinians
- The Bitter-Sweet Sides of Uganda’s Oil and Gas Development
- Why Root Crops Are the Future of Food Security in Africa
- Population Increase in Egypt: A Blessing That Has Become a Curse