The following are lightly edited notes from a conversation over the phone with IPS correspondent and LobeLog contributor Emad Mekay in Egypt. Check out all our news coverage of Egypt and Emad’s other dispatches, and a story for the wire late Friday night.
I LOOK OUTSIDE AND IT’S HAPPENING, WITH A [...]
The following is a set of edited notes from a conversation between myself and IPS’s correspondent in Egypt, Emad Mekay, who was filing dispatches for LobeLog until the Internet went down. He was on the streets of downtown Cairo today until just after the curfew, when he returned home and we chatted by phone.
- COP28: Sowing Seeds of Change in Fertile Hearts and Minds
- Greening Education: Education Paying Highest Cost for Ongoing Climate Crisis
- Renewable Commitments at COP28 Pose Stiffer Energy Challenges for Latin America
- For Africans, the Climate Debate Around the Role of Livestock Misses the Mark
- Why Climate Justice and Global Financial Reform Are Inseparable
- Harmful Industry Blowing Smoke on Human Rights
- COP28 Hits: Key Wins as Africa-Focused Pledges, Deals Announced
- Faith Pavilion Adds Spiritual Dimension to Climate Crisis Resolution
- Combating Corruption to Address the Triple Planetary Crises
- COP28: Climate Migrants’ Rights, Risk-based Labor Polices Under the Spotlight