A WikiLeaks cable reported this week suggested that the main Iranian obstacle to striking a nuclear fuel swap deal with the West was not the deal itself (or the Western countries involved), but internal Iranian politics.
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad took heat from his right flank on the issue during a 2009 push for [...]
Former New York Times and Boston Globe correspondent Stephen Kinzer has an op-ed in the Boston Globe urging the Obama administration to follow India (and Turkey, and Brazil) on their approach to Iran. In light of Obama’s description of U.S.-India relations as “the defining partnership of the 21st century,” Kinzer notes that India views [...]
Even though Iran has yet to respond to an invitation for the P5+1 talks that are now only a few weeks away, officials in the Obama administration are leaking details to the New York Times of an offer that could be on the table.
David Sanger, who I’m told views himself as something of [...]
Laura Rozen and Reuters are reporting that the P5+1 — the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council plus Germany — have invited Iran to resume talks over the Islamic Republic’s nuclear program.
The invitation is for talks to be held in Vienna for three days in mid-November, according to a [...]
In a statement issued Wednesday after a meeting with foreign ministers from the P5+1 (China, France, Germany, Russia, the UK and the U.S.), the European Union’s top diplomat, Catherine Ashton, announced that the world’s major powers “seek an early negotiated solution” to the ongoing tension over Iran’s nuclear program.
We reaffirmed our [...]
- India’s Extensive Railways Often Conduit for Child Trafficking
- Working Together for an Inclusive World
- Global Risks in 2022: The Year of Colliding Consequences
- This Planet Is Drying Up. And these Are the Consequences
- Egypt Racing to Supply Wind, Solar Energy to Greece, EU via Submarine Cables
- Illegal Immigration: A Mounting Global Crisis
- COP 27: A Global COP-Out
- Legal Recognition of East African Sign Languages Key Towards Inclusion
- Three Ways to End Gender-based Violence
- HIV Prevention: New Injection Could Boost the Fight, But Some Hurdles Remain