by Marsha B. Cohen
Once again revelations concerning the genesis of Israel’s undeclared nuclear weapons program are attracting notice.
The right wing blogosphere is buzzing with rumors (denied by the White House, according to Ben Smith of Politico) that the Obama administration has refused visas to employees of the Nuclear Research Center-Negev (NRCN) in Dimona, Israel. Roger Simon, blogging at Pajamas Media, claims to be quoting an article published in the Israeli daily Maariv…Nestled in Simon’s (or an uncredited source’s) “exclusive Pajamas Media translation” is the revelation that the English version Simon is quoting “is from a Google translation that I’ve tried to fix up a little bit.” A little bit? Let’s play “Simon Says” and compare his (or his source’s) efforts to what Maariv writer Uri Binder actually wrote.
- This Planet Is Drying Up. And these Are the Consequences
- Egypt Racing to Supply Wind, Solar Energy to Greece, EU via Submarine Cables
- Illegal Immigration: A Mounting Global Crisis
- COP 27: A Global COP-Out
- Legal Recognition of East African Sign Languages Key Towards Inclusion
- Three Ways to End Gender-based Violence
- HIV Prevention: New Injection Could Boost the Fight, But Some Hurdles Remain
- Africa’s Processing Industry Holds Promise for Broader Economic Growth
- Putting Nature on a Quantifiable, Ambitious Path to Recovery
- Vaccine Refusal, Floods Impact Polio Drive in Pakistan