by Wayne White
The arrest of many senior Muslim Brotherhood (MB) leaders and the banning of the organization are the latest blows in what appears to be a relentless campaign by General Abdel Fattah el-Sisi’s government to deny the Brotherhood any future role in Egyptian politics. The MB’s continued defiance has driven [...]
To understand some of what is happening inside the UN climate talks here in Doha, watch this 83-second animation on the history of international climate change negotiations.
I’ve been getting a lot of press lately what with Hurricane Sandy and the U.N. climate summit in Doha, Qatar. Please allow me to introduce myself. You’ve been calling me “global warming” or “climate change” or even “climate weirding”.
via Lobe Log
The Syrian National Coalition, formed in Qatar last week through a US-led international initiative, has gained two important diplomatic victories in the past few days. NATO member Turkey has formally recognized the body as Syria’s legitimate government, while the BBC reports that France — one of the leaders of [...]
- Beware Carbon Myopia at COP28: Why Climate and Nature Action Must Now Come Together in the Race for a Liveable Planet
- Art and Climate Change
- Big Cons: How Consultancy Firms Undermine Governments
- Emerging Climate Finance Infrastructure to Match Africa’s Green Bankable Solutions
- Electrifying Cooking: Decarbonizing Africa’s Electricity Grid Towards Net Zero
- Role of Women Irreplaceable in Management of Natural Resources
- A “Little India” in Little Armenia
- NCDs Are Killing the Caribbean – PODCAST
- The Climate Crisis is an Education Crisis
- ‘War on Drugs’ Failed and Policies Need Major Overhaul – Report