by Jim Lobe and Joe Hitchon
WASHINGTON, May 18 2013 (IPS) – A nuclear-armed Iran would not pose a fundamental threat to the United States and its regional allies like Israel and the Gulf Arab monarchies, according to a new report released here Friday by the Rand Corporation.
Entitled “Iran After the Bomb: [...]
For a piece on the IPS wire, Jim Lobe and I interviewed Chas Freeman, a career foreign service officer who served as Ambassador to Saudi Arabia and just released a new book, America’s Misadventures in the Middle East, on the recent history of the U.S. in the Middle East.
- Afghan Refugees, Medical Visitors Bemoan Treatment in Pakistan
- Gender Equality & Women’s Rights Wiped out Under the Taliban
- Journalism Under Attack by Neo-Populist Governments in Central America
- Education Cannot Wait Proud to Participate in Global Citizen Festival 2022: Calling on World Leaders and Donors to Empower Girls and End Extreme Poverty Now
- The Hunger Factory (II): The Modern Horsemen of the Apocalypse
- ECW Interviews Three Inspiring #Youth4EiE Advocates on International Youth Day
- ‘Aid Organizations Must Include the Youth Voice’ August 12, 2022—International Youth Day
- Democracy in Iraq Under Threat Following the Storming of Parliament
- A Safe Haven for Ousted Political Leaders Escaping Executions and Hangings
- The Hunger Factory (I): The Miracle of the Sudden Rise and Fall of Food Prices