by Peter Jenkins
Last week an independent, cross-party commission of inquiry into UK nuclear weapons policy issued its report.
The commission (comprising three politicians, two diplomats, one field marshal and two academics) reviewed the arguments for and against the UK retaining nuclear weapons. They came, somewhat hesitantly, to the conclusion that [...]
via Lobe Log
Having pulled all the stops to avert an Israeli attack against Iran last spring that never happened, has the Obama administration given all that it has to Israel’s hawkish leaders, only to learn that it has been played? If so, how might this affect the US response to Israeli warnings that [...]
More expert opinion discrediting the alarmist claims being made about the latest IAEA report, which recycles old and suspicious intelligence. This time from former IAEA inspector, Robert Kelley, interviewed here on The Real News.
- Why Root Crops Are the Future of Food Security in Africa
- Population Increase in Egypt: A Blessing That Has Become a Curse
- Dangerous Scramble for Renewable Energy Resources
- Women’s Lives & Freedom in Iran: Gains, Losses & Lessons One Year On
- With Hope and Courage, They Inspire Us
- The Taliban Can Reverse the Unacceptable Ban on Girls’ Education
- UN Must Live Up to Its Promises of Gender Equality —and Support Women
- Iran: One Year on, What’s Changed?
- UN, Still Living in the 1940s, Urgently in Need of Reforms
- The Case for Afghan Women and Girls: How an International Criminal Court Investigation Could Expand Human Rights