When a Shiite prayer leader blames earthquakes in Iran on immodestly dressed and promiscuous women, neocons like Michael Ledeen snicker.
When a prominent ultra-orthodox Jewish spiritual and political leader–and former Chief Rabbi of the State of Israel–agrees with Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh that the fire that’s been destroying Israel’s Carmel Forest is a punishment from God, there’s stunned silence.
- Why Root Crops Are the Future of Food Security in Africa
- Population Increase in Egypt: A Blessing That Has Become a Curse
- Dangerous Scramble for Renewable Energy Resources
- Women’s Lives & Freedom in Iran: Gains, Losses & Lessons One Year On
- With Hope and Courage, They Inspire Us
- The Taliban Can Reverse the Unacceptable Ban on Girls’ Education
- UN Must Live Up to Its Promises of Gender Equality —and Support Women
- Iran: One Year on, What’s Changed?
- UN, Still Living in the 1940s, Urgently in Need of Reforms
- The Case for Afghan Women and Girls: How an International Criminal Court Investigation Could Expand Human Rights