via Lobe Log
Lobe Log publishes Hawks on Iran every Friday. Our posts highlight militaristic commentary and confrontational policy recommendations about Iran from a variety of sources including news articles, think tanks and pundits.
Charles Krauthammer, Washington Post: The neoconservative pundit attacks the Obama administration for not aligning its “red line” [...]
Reposted by arrangement with Think Progress
Every problem in the Middle East must look like a nail to some neoconservatives because they always want to bring out the big hammer of the U.S. military. That was the case today on Fox News when Jonathan Schanzer, the vice president of research at the [...]
Last week newspapers were abuzz about a July 28 treasury Department’s press release titled “Treasury Targets Key Al-Qa’ida Funding and Support Network Using Iran as a Critical Transit Point.”
As Jim Lobe points out in his must-read article on the event
The statement marked the first on-the-record accusation by a senior [...]
News and views relevant to U.S.-Iran relations for November 13-15, 2010.
The Hill: Rebecca Heinrichs, an adjunct fellow at the hawkish Foundation for Defense of Democracies (FDD), blogs that the $60 billion arms sale to Saudi Arabia should not be allowed to “sail through without serious oversight from Congress.” Heinrichs argues that although [...]
News and views relevant to U.S.-Iran relations for October 13th, 2010.
The Hill: Jonathan Schanzer, vice president of research at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies writes on The Hill‘s Congress Blog that Iran owns 15 percent of a uranium mine in Namibia, the third largest uranium mine in the world. Iran has owned [...]
- Why We Need a Digital Safe Space for LGBTQ Youth – Thoughts from Asian Teens
- Androids in Human Populations
- Nature-Positive Ventures Crucial for Africa’s future, say experts at Africa Green Economy Conference
- Smelter Finally Closes Due to Extreme Pollution in Chilean Bay
- EU’s Exclusionary Migration Policies Place People on the Move toward Europe at Greater Risk
- IPBES to Release New Assessments on the Values of Biodiversity and Sustainable Use of Wild Species
- The World Is Melting Down and the Cause is Corruption- The G20 Needs to Take Action
- New World Records: More Weapons than Ever. And a Hunger Crisis Like No Other
- The Digital Divide, a Pending Issue in Chile’s Educational System
- IPBES Shoring up Private Sector Support for Biodiversity Science