via Lobe Log
The revolving door between government and industry is nothing new. Government regulators get jobs in related industries when they retire; military officers accept positions with defense contractors. Former members of Congress have also accepted positions in business and industry, often as lobbyists, after tiring of office or being voted out.
Posted with permission of Think Progress
Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty’s recent speech at the Council on Foreign Relations led many pundits to describe him as the most hawkish, if not neoconservative, candidate in the GOP primary field. But discussion of his foreign policy stance would not be complete without a [...]
Guest blogger: Ann Ninan, IPS Gender Editor
The UN has finally decided to stand up for women! A decision to create a new agency for women was taken by the General Assembly on September14.
Our colleague Thalif Deen, IPS bureau chief in New York, was the first and only journalist to report it for the [...]
Guest blogger: Glenda Muzenda, Care Work Manager at Gender and Media Southern Africa (GEMSA)
I just attended the Grassroots Women’s International Academy on Home Based Care in Johannesburg, South Africa.
It was a mixed bag of fun meeting women from all walks and works of life from Kenya, Cameroon, Uganda, Malawi, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Zambia, [...]
- Why Agroecology Should Be Considered as Key for Climate Negotiations
- Israel-Jordan Relations in The Wake of The Gaza War
- Hearts and Minds: We Need to Understand the Critical Role of Human, Social, and Institutional Leadership to Achieve the Goals of the 2015 Paris Agreements
- Harnessing Data to Advocate for Safer Roads – UN Support for Sustainable Financing
- Climate Change Not Just Another Issue in Your Inbox, Leaders told
- Mass Protests Send Message of Solidarity with Palestinian People
- Restoring Indigenous Trees: New Mission to Combat Climate Change in Rwanda
- Scale of Death & Destruction in Gaza Result of Wide-Area Explosives in Populated Areas
- Salvadoran Rural Communities Face Climate Injustice
- “I Want to Live On” – Documentary Premiere on Kazakhstan Nuclear Test Survivors