by Peter Jenkins
An article in the latest issue of the International Security journal goes to the heart of US and European nuclear non-proliferation policy. The author, Scott Kemp, an Assistant Professor of Nuclear Science and Engineering at MIT, raises a fundamental question: is proliferation best prevented by supply-side measures [...]
via Lobe Log
Considering the misleading claims made about non-existent Iraqi and Iranian nuclear weapons, and the ramifications of another costly and catastrophic war, there should be more analyses like Scott Peterson’s highlighting of lessons from the lead-up to the 2003 US invasion of Iraq.
A declassified January 2006 report published in [...]
via IPS News
Amidst reports that stalled negotiations with Iran over its controversial nuclear programme may soon be jump-started, many here are arguing that a mutually negotiated settlement remains the most effective option for resolving the dispute and averting the threat of war.
“We believe there is time and clearly there is an [...]
Does the selection of Iran’s nuclear czar as its new (interim) foreign minister say anything about nuclear negotiations between Iran and the West? We don’t really know, and given that the next round of talks is only a month away, we might not know until news breaks from Istanbul.
Let’s get caught up with [...]
- Zero-Leprosy in Pandemic: Experts, Advocates Discuss New Strategies
- Social Distance, Science and Fantasy
- Act to Save Children Living Precarious Lives in Cameroon’s Forgotten and Neglected Conflict
- Partnering with Persons with Disabilities Toward an Inclusive, Accessible and Sustainable Post-COVID-19 World
- Big Tobacco Industry Rides COVID-19 Pandemic as Countries Grapple for a Response
- Building a Disability-Friendly Workplace: Why Includability Matters
- Clean Energy Alone Won’t Uplift Impoverished Nations — We Must Invest in People
- Volunteerism: Central to the Creation of a New Social Contract
- African Network Fosters Unity, Fights Gender Discrimination & Advances Sustainable Development
- What Will it Take to Turn Farmers Toward Climate-Resilient Superfood Millet?