J Street’s annual conference hosted a panel discussion this morning on “Averting the Crisis: American Policy Options.” The panel was notably missing the hawkish voice of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy’s Patrick Clawson (who canceled earlier in the morning). The resulting panel largely reflected the realist view that a U.S. [...]
While diverse voices from neoconservative pundits in Washington to Iranian state-run media have been having a field day comparing the pro-democracy protests in Egypt to the ousting of the Shah of Iran in 1979, Geneive Abdo, director of the Iran Program at the National Security Network and The Century Foundation, has a piece up on [...]
The National Security Network (NSN), an organization dedicated to promoting “pragmatic and principled” U.S. foreign policy, reports on the comments made Tuesday by 2008 Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin in an interview with the conservative website NewsMax.
Her comments, says NSN, are part of an attempt to treat Iran as a “political football to scare [...]
- Digital Human Rights Need to be Enshrined in Law
- UN Deploys Unarmed Weapon in Humanitarian & Peacekeeping Operations
- Push Forward – Act Now to End Violence Against Women and Girls
- End Violence Against Women and Girls
- LGBTI in Iraq: Defending Identity in the Face of Harassment, Stigma and Death
- Black ‘Fraud-Days’ and the Shocking Cost of Staying Fashionable
- Cattle Turn Into New Currency Amid Inflation in Zimbabwe
- Countries Hiding Responses Sent to UN Experts Over Allegations of Human Rights Abuses
- The World Cup of Opportunity
- Was COP27 a Success or a Failure?