Is Israel actually capable of successfully carrying out its winner-take-all high tech attack on Iran that could destroy or (more likely) might delay the development of Iran’s budding nuclear program, at minimal cost–financial, environmental or in casualties–to itself or anyone else except Iran? Could the consequences of an Israeli attack on Iran that didn’t succeed be almost as bad–or even worse–than one that did?
The facts behind the alleged “Iranian plot” are being buried beneath leaked intelligence reports which have been distorted and fed to the media writes regular Inter Press Service contributor, Gareth Porter:
The primary objective of the FBI sting operation involving Iranian- American Manssor Arbabsiar and a Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) informant that was started last [...]
While Hosni Mubarak’s thirty years in power appears to be coming to an end, another, quieter change appears to be overcoming U.S. mainstream media. Outlets such as CNN and MSNBC have been asking pointed questions about the U.S.’s tangled Middle East policy.
On January 28th, MSNBC’s Richard Engel and Rachel Maddow had a surprisingly frank [...]
News and views relevant to U.S.-Iran relations for September 16.
Reuters: Louis Charbonneau reports on calls from the U.S., British and French envoys to the UN to expedite the formation a UN panel to monitor Iran’s compliance with sanctions. “We are concerned by the delay in setting up the panel, and we urge a [...]
- An Ineffective Mexico, in the Face of Maritime Pollution
- The Decline and Fall of Democracy Worldwide
- IMF Led Privatization, Land and Resource Grab in Sri Lanka
- Excessive & Unfair Criticism of Human Rights Violations in Qatar
- India’s Extensive Railways Often Conduit for Child Trafficking
- Working Together for an Inclusive World
- Global Risks in 2022: The Year of Colliding Consequences
- This Planet Is Drying Up. And these Are the Consequences
- Egypt Racing to Supply Wind, Solar Energy to Greece, EU via Submarine Cables
- Illegal Immigration: A Mounting Global Crisis