via Lobe Log
Chuck Hagel hasn’t even been nominated for Secretary of Defense and yet rumors abound that he is a frontrunner for the job. The volume of the squawking from hard-line hawks opposing his nomination reveals much about the way the neoconservative echo chamber operates.
Morris Amitay, a former executive director of [...]
It was just another Tuesday on Capitol Hill. A handful of Members of Congress and staff showed up to hear a briefing by a trio of revanchist Israelis pushing for permanent occupation of the Jordan Valley in the West Bank. Everyone in the room nodded with approval and flipped through what amounted to a colorful brochure [...]
There’s no better way to commemorate a civil war among Jews 2,275 years ago, memorialized by the Jewish festival of Chanuka, than by a little intra-tribe squabbling.
Perhaps that’s why, just in time for the holidays, the Republican Jewish Coalition (RJC) launched a scathing attack on some of the most prominent — and pro-Israel– [...]
- Women Have Always Trailed Men in Research Output: How COVID Made the Situation Worse
- Managing sea cucumber fisheries in the Pacific region: a one-day training to educate key stakeholders in New Caledonia
- Aid Workers Encounter Courage, Damage, Dislocation and Resilience in War-Torn Ukraine
- Infrastructure Growth Threatens Brazilian Amazon with Further Deforestation
- Colombia’s New President May Need U.S. Blessing to Realize his Domestic Agenda
- April Fool’s Inflation Medicine Threatens Progress
- Of the Far West, the ‘Good Cowboys’… And the ‘Bad Indians’
- Bringing Specialist Telemedicine to Children of Rural Kenya
- Racism Erased (and Erases) Black Intellectual Contribution to Brazilian History
- ‘Positive Sei’ Bringing Hope to Homes on the Airwaves