Republished by arrangement with Think Progress
Director of National Intelligence James Clapper reminded Congress earlier this week that U.S. intelligence estimates indicate that Iran has not yet decided to build a nuclear weapon. Meanwhile, U.N. nuclear inspectors report that their recent talks in Tehran made for a “good trip” and scheduled
Here’s something I missed from the first week of December: a poll in Afghanistan commissioned by ABC News, the Washington Post, the BBC, ARD-German TV.
If you look at the first page of Langer Research’s analysis (the group organized and analyzed the survey for the news organizations), it’s clear the United States’ and NATO’s [...]
A recent American Jewish Committee poll of 800 self-identifying American Jews showed decreasing support for President Barack Obama and his Middle East policies. While his handling of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the economy were also concerns, the prominent trend of growing U.S. Jewish support for an attack on Iran was most striking.
We covered [...]
News and views relevant to U.S.-Iran relations for October 12th, 2010.
Jewish Telegraphic Agency: An American Jewish Committee poll found that “Jewish approval of President Obama is dropping,” according to JTA. On Iran, the poll found “American Jewish confidence in Obama’s approach to Iran also has fallen” to 43 percent approval. Nearly 60 percent [...]
CBS News conducted a phone survey of 906 randomly selected participants in September, asking for the first [...]
The Chicago Council on Global Affairs just released their wide-ranging biennial 2010 survey on Americans’ attitudes on U.S. foreign policy. With Iran such a hot issue these days, it’s no surprise a number of questions focused on U.S.-Iran relations and other issues involving Iran — but some of the responses were indeed surprising.
- Poverty Impacts on Efforts to End Child Marriage, say Parliamentarians
- Nepal Government, UN Agency Seek Investors for Latest Cash Crop to Boom in Country’s East
- Climate Action Plans Could Help Address Injustice, Inequity in African Cities
- Hard Hit By Climate Change, Villagers Raise a Forest on Their Own
- Go and Tell the Hungry that Their Food Is Being Thrown in the Garbage
- Measuring Human Rights – PODCAST
- Korean Slums: The Shadows of Society, or the New Light for the Future?
- Reasonable Left, Irresponsible Right: & the Future of Social Democracy
- Deadly Smoke: Feeding Children Kills Cafeteria Staff
- Aged Persons Haunted by Abuse in Zimbabwe