By Jonas Siegel and Saranaz Barforoush
Few observers would question that news coverage prior to the 2003 U.S.- led invasion of Iraq affected public perceptions about the threat posed by weapons of mass destruction. Are news media making the same mistakes in covering Iran’s nuclear program? In short, yes and no.
Post-war studies of news [...]
IPS’ General Director Mario Lubetkin is about to speak at the U.N. High-level Forum on a Culture of Peace in New York today.
Lubetkin’s participation high-lights the importance of the press in creating peace culture through its role as both documenters and public opinion makers.
Realising that importance, IPS has run a number of [...]
- India’s Extensive Railways Often Conduit for Child Trafficking
- Working Together for an Inclusive World
- Global Risks in 2022: The Year of Colliding Consequences
- This Planet Is Drying Up. And these Are the Consequences
- Egypt Racing to Supply Wind, Solar Energy to Greece, EU via Submarine Cables
- Illegal Immigration: A Mounting Global Crisis
- COP 27: A Global COP-Out
- Legal Recognition of East African Sign Languages Key Towards Inclusion
- Three Ways to End Gender-based Violence
- HIV Prevention: New Injection Could Boost the Fight, But Some Hurdles Remain