Only 4% of American films are made by women. In Iran it’s 25%.
Pollak tweeted the picture, adding that the ad was “truly outrageous.”
Something of a little blog firestorm was sparked when the Washington Post‘s neoconservative blogger Jennifer Rubin claimed that George W. Bush deserved credit for setting in motion the Tunisian uprising against its U.S.-backed dictator because the seed that sprouted popular revolt was Bush’s invasion of Iraq.
Today in the [...]
- Rushdie Joins 102 International Writers to Demand Freedom of Expression in India
- An Unexpected Treasure
- Global Public Investment: Time to Build the Movement Now
- Refugees Face Often Neglected Mental Health Challenges – Report
- Rural Systems Mitigate Impact of Overuse of Water in Chile
- A World in Crisis Needs Both Trade and Aid
- Stagflation: From Tragedy to Farce
- Afghan Refugees, Medical Visitors Bemoan Treatment in Pakistan
- Gender Equality & Women’s Rights Wiped out Under the Taliban
- Journalism Under Attack by Neo-Populist Governments in Central America