In response to a worrying trend in U.S. politics, Lobe Log publishes “Hawks on Iran” every Friday. Our posts highlight militaristic commentary and confrontational policy recommendations about Iran from a variety of sources including news articles, think tanks and pundits.
News: U.S. Iran Hawks in Congress in Some Disarray
As mentioned in today’s Daily Talking Points, The Washington Times’ Ben Birnbaum is attempting to keep current the discredited, but never quite dead, argument that Arab states would support a U.S. or Israeli military strike on Iran’s alleged nuclear weapons program.
Birnbaum interviews Bahrain’s ambassador to the U.S., Houda Nonoo, who tells [...]
- Women Have Always Trailed Men in Research Output: How COVID Made the Situation Worse
- Managing sea cucumber fisheries in the Pacific region: a one-day training to educate key stakeholders in New Caledonia
- Aid Workers Encounter Courage, Damage, Dislocation and Resilience in War-Torn Ukraine
- Infrastructure Growth Threatens Brazilian Amazon with Further Deforestation
- Colombia’s New President May Need U.S. Blessing to Realize his Domestic Agenda
- April Fool’s Inflation Medicine Threatens Progress
- Of the Far West, the ‘Good Cowboys’… And the ‘Bad Indians’
- Bringing Specialist Telemedicine to Children of Rural Kenya
- Racism Erased (and Erases) Black Intellectual Contribution to Brazilian History
- ‘Positive Sei’ Bringing Hope to Homes on the Airwaves