via Lobe Log
Two must-read analyses of the Iran portion from last night’s final presidential debate are brought to us by TIME’s Tony Karon and the Arms Control Association’s Greg Thielmann. (This TPM headline also sums up the entire debate quite nicely: “Romney’s Final Debate Message: I’ll Be A Better Obama”.)
President Obama’s comments today directly contrast with the rhetoric of the Israeli leadership and hawkish elements of the “Israel lobby” in the United States such as the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), not to mention his own political challengers. On the same day that 3 out of 4 of the Republican presidential candidates
While Frank Gaffney might be concerned that the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) has “come under the influence of the Muslim Brotherhood,” a list of the films to be screened at the event would suggest that Gaffney’s brand of Islamophobia and anti-Muslim fear-bating will be on full display.
The CPAC agenda has [...]
- Digital Human Rights Need to be Enshrined in Law
- UN Deploys Unarmed Weapon in Humanitarian & Peacekeeping Operations
- Push Forward – Act Now to End Violence Against Women and Girls
- End Violence Against Women and Girls
- LGBTI in Iraq: Defending Identity in the Face of Harassment, Stigma and Death
- Black ‘Fraud-Days’ and the Shocking Cost of Staying Fashionable
- Cattle Turn Into New Currency Amid Inflation in Zimbabwe
- Countries Hiding Responses Sent to UN Experts Over Allegations of Human Rights Abuses
- The World Cup of Opportunity
- Was COP27 a Success or a Failure?