by Marsha B. Cohen
Reuven Rivlin has just been elected Israel’s 10th president. A member of Israel’s parliamentary body since 1988, he served as Speaker of the Knesset from 2003-06 and again from 2009-13. Today, Israel’s parliamentarians, by secret ballot, elected him to a 7-year term after two rounds of voting.
A native [...]
- Pemex Exploits Fossil Fuels with Money from International Banks
- Skyrocketing Inflation Puts Food Security in Pakistan at Risk
- After Nagorno-Karabakh, is Armenia Next?
- Why Floods ‘Beyond Our Imagination’ Hit Nepalese Himalayan Town
- Bahrain’s Political Prisoners: Resistance Against the Odds
- Alarm Bells are Ringing at Halfway Point of the 2030 Agenda
- African Coups and Resource Rights
- ‘The International Community Must Act on Afghanistan’ – PODCAST
- Beyond Words: The Urgent Call for the US to Address Global Inequality Through Climate Action
- Poverty & Hunger Eradication Targeted to Miss UN’s 2030 Deadline by Wide Margins