by Jim Lobe
In a remarkable demonstration of the the increasingly vulnerable state into which AIPAC appears to have thrown itself, the Israel lobby’s premier group released a new statement this afternoon clarifying that it still supports the Kirk-Menendez “Wag the Dog” Act less than 24 hours after announcing [...]
by Jim Lobe
As an update to the post I wrote Thursday, it appears the White House is toughening its rhetoric against the Kirk-Menendez Wag the Dog Act, as more Republicans have signed on as co-sponsors. There are now a total of 59 co-sponsors, including 43 of the 45 Republicans [...]
Reposted by arrangement with Think Progress
The American Jewish Committee (AJC) released its annual poll of Jewish-American public opinion yesterday, which, as with all demographics, showed a dip in Jewish support for President Obama over various issues including his handling of Israel-related matters. All the usual neocon partisans, who would [...]
The showing of the movie in the Rayburn House Office Building will be hosted by the Republican Jewish Coalition (RJC) and a right-wing D.C. [...]
Where does the Emergency Committee for Israel get off complaining that AIPAC shouldn’t support New START because it’s outside of the “pro-Israel” purview? Who knows. But that’s exactly what they did.
News and views relevant to U.S.-Iran relations for November 13-15, 2010.
The Hill: Rebecca Heinrichs, an adjunct fellow at the hawkish Foundation for Defense of Democracies (FDD), blogs that the $60 billion arms sale to Saudi Arabia should not be allowed to “sail through without serious oversight from Congress.” Heinrichs argues that although [...]
News and views relevant to U.S.-Iran relations for November 10, 2010.
The Jewish Week: James D. Besser analyzes the impact of the midterm election on the Obama administration’s Iran strategy and concludes it “may indirectly lead to greater U.S. flexibility on the issue of Israeli military action to stop [Iran’s] nuclear program.” Shoshana [...]
The new American Jewish Committee poll of 800 self-identified American Jews shows a marked decline in support for President Barack Obama (Ali Gharib and Jim Lobe have discussed this finding), but the most interesting part of the poll might lie in the increasing support for a United States or Israeli military strike [...]
- Why We Need a Digital Safe Space for LGBTQ Youth – Thoughts from Asian Teens
- Androids in Human Populations
- Nature-Positive Ventures Crucial for Africa’s future, say experts at Africa Green Economy Conference
- Smelter Finally Closes Due to Extreme Pollution in Chilean Bay
- EU’s Exclusionary Migration Policies Place People on the Move toward Europe at Greater Risk
- IPBES to Release New Assessments on the Values of Biodiversity and Sustainable Use of Wild Species
- The World Is Melting Down and the Cause is Corruption- The G20 Needs to Take Action
- New World Records: More Weapons than Ever. And a Hunger Crisis Like No Other
- The Digital Divide, a Pending Issue in Chile’s Educational System
- IPBES Shoring up Private Sector Support for Biodiversity Science