by Wayne White Hyping the Islamic State (ISIS or IS) threat risks generating flawed policies. The White House probably is a source of frustration, as its critics claim, but others seem too eager to commit US combat troops. Meanwhile, the administration, under constant pressure regarding the US effort, has not done enough to energize the
by Jim Lobe
As I’ve written in the past, I have massive amounts of newspaper, magazine, and other assorted clippings in file cabinets that stretch virtually from one end of the IPS office in the National Press Building to the other. Some of it dates back to 1975, the fateful [...]
by John Feffer
In 2006, a visitor to the Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge, England accidentally became an artwork. Let’s call him Dude Descending a Staircase in honor of that merry prankster Marcel Duchamp. This particular visitor tripped over his feet as he was going down the museum stairs. As he fell, he knocked into three [...]
by Jim Lobe
via IPS News
While some kind of U.S. military action against Syria in the coming days appears increasingly inevitable, the debate over the why and how of such an attack has grown white hot here.
On one side, hawks, who span the political spectrum, argue that President Barack Obama’s credibility [...]
There’s no better way to commemorate a civil war among Jews 2,275 years ago, memorialized by the Jewish festival of Chanuka, than by a little intra-tribe squabbling.
Perhaps that’s why, just in time for the holidays, the Republican Jewish Coalition (RJC) launched a scathing attack on some of the most prominent — and pro-Israel– [...]
News and views relevant to U.S.-Iran relations for September 18 – 20.
NBC‘s Meet the Press: Former Secretary of State Colin Powell told NBC’s David Gregory, “I don’t think the, the stars are lining up for an attack on Iran either by Israel alone, or Israel in concert with the United States, or the [...]
- Education Cannot Wait Proud to Participate in Global Citizen Festival 2022: Calling on World Leaders and Donors to Empower Girls and End Extreme Poverty Now
- The Hunger Factory (II): The Modern Horsemen of the Apocalypse
- ECW Interviews Three Inspiring #Youth4EiE Advocates on International Youth Day
- ‘Aid Organizations Must Include the Youth Voice’ August 12, 2022—International Youth Day
- Democracy in Iraq Under Threat Following the Storming of Parliament
- A Safe Haven for Ousted Political Leaders Escaping Executions and Hangings
- The Hunger Factory (I): The Miracle of the Sudden Rise and Fall of Food Prices
- Tragic Irony of Hunger Deaths in Karamoja, Uganda Amidst Plenty of Climate Adaptation Technologies
- Pariah Solidarity Between Myanmar & Russia
- Climate Change Conclusion: Time for Bold Action