Here’s David Ignatius, in The Washington Post, writing about the revised Israeli intelligence estimates about an Iranian bomb (2015, if you must know), with my emphasis:
The delays in the Iranian program are important because they add strategic warning time for the West to respond to any Iranian push for a bomb. U.S. officials [...]
At a release event for the U.S. Institute of Peace’s (USIP) Iran Primer: Power, Politics and U.S. Power – an exhaustive collection of new writings on the country — the opening address came from Dennis Ross, a top national security adviser to President Barack Obama on the Mid East.
Ross is an influential adviser to [...]
Columbia professor and Iran expert Gary Sick offers a simple reason why U.S. President Barack Obama’s engagement plan with Iran has thus far failed: “It has yet to be tried.”
Laura Secor, writing on the News Desk blog at the New Yorker, has an interview with former presidential candidate Mehdi Karroubi, a leader of the Green movement that took to the streets after the disputed June 2009 election who is now under virtual house arrest.
The interview, conducted via email, is worth checking out [...]
The National Security Network (NSN), an organization dedicated to promoting “pragmatic and principled” U.S. foreign policy, reports on the comments made Tuesday by 2008 Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin in an interview with the conservative website NewsMax.
Her comments, says NSN, are part of an attempt to treat Iran as a “political football to scare [...]
- Cuban Innovator Uses Sunlight to Create a Model Sustainable Space
- Women Advocates for Harvesting Rainwater in Salinity-Affected Coastal Bangladesh
- A World of One Billion Empty Plates
- Why Investing in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Pays Off
- Inequality in Peru’s Education Sector Deepens in Post-Pandemic Era
- The New Cold War Over Access To Safe Abortion in Kenya
- Civil Disobedience – How to Make Enemies and Influence People
- How to Make COP27 a Success
- The Swedish Elections: A Victory for Populism
- Pacific Community’s Agricultural Gene Bank Wins Global Award