Posted with the permission of Think Progress
The decision of more than 90 U.S. senators to press President Obama for Iraq-style sanctions on Iran flew in the face of what some observers warned could be the beginning of a stress test of the international support for pressuring Iran and another step [...]
and Ali Gharib
AEI scholar Michael Rubin recently took to the blog of the neoconservative flagship Commentary and attacked Tehran Bureau, an excellent resource on all things Iran, for linking to what he called “fake biographies of conservatives,” which, he suggested, warranted a Congressional investigation. His reference was to profiles on the website Right [...]
Our IPS colleague Barbara Slavin has a story on the U.S.’s push for a new sanctions despite the upcoming negotiations (as part of the P5+1) with Iran next month in Turkey:
WASHINGTON, Dec 15, 2010 (IPS) – The Barack Obama administration is preparing a new batch of sanctions against Iran to be announced next [...]
Does the selection of Iran’s nuclear czar as its new (interim) foreign minister say anything about nuclear negotiations between Iran and the West? We don’t really know, and given that the next round of talks is only a month away, we might not know until news breaks from Istanbul.
Let’s get caught up with [...]
Starting in 2008, we began writing about the films produced and distributed by the mysterious Clarion Fund, as well as questioning the money trail. [...]
A computer virus that appears aimed at Iranian nuclear facilities and other Iranian industrial installations is making headlines around the globe as the malware leaps borders and cybersystems. Robert Dreyfuss, The Nation‘s excellent progressive national security blogger, rounds up some reports in a post on the subject.
He speculates while President George W. Bush’s [...]
- Zero-Leprosy in Pandemic: Experts, Advocates Discuss New Strategies
- Social Distance, Science and Fantasy
- Act to Save Children Living Precarious Lives in Cameroon’s Forgotten and Neglected Conflict
- Partnering with Persons with Disabilities Toward an Inclusive, Accessible and Sustainable Post-COVID-19 World
- Big Tobacco Industry Rides COVID-19 Pandemic as Countries Grapple for a Response
- Building a Disability-Friendly Workplace: Why Includability Matters
- Clean Energy Alone Won’t Uplift Impoverished Nations — We Must Invest in People
- Volunteerism: Central to the Creation of a New Social Contract
- African Network Fosters Unity, Fights Gender Discrimination & Advances Sustainable Development
- What Will it Take to Turn Farmers Toward Climate-Resilient Superfood Millet?