by Jim Lobe
While this blog is devoted to U.S. policy toward the Middle East, it should come as no surprise to regular readers that I regard climate change as likely to be the greatest challenge faced by the United States and the world over for the coming century and beyond.
When host Christiane Amanpour brought up Mid East peace talks on ABC’s Sunday talk show “This Week,” the topic of conversation went quickly from the talks themselves to the West’s standoff with Iran over its nuclear program.
But there was a noticeable difference in the tone of this conversation versus those in the run-up [...]
- Rushdie Joins 102 International Writers to Demand Freedom of Expression in India
- An Unexpected Treasure
- Global Public Investment: Time to Build the Movement Now
- Refugees Face Often Neglected Mental Health Challenges – Report
- Rural Systems Mitigate Impact of Overuse of Water in Chile
- A World in Crisis Needs Both Trade and Aid
- Stagflation: From Tragedy to Farce
- Afghan Refugees, Medical Visitors Bemoan Treatment in Pakistan
- Gender Equality & Women’s Rights Wiped out Under the Taliban
- Journalism Under Attack by Neo-Populist Governments in Central America