by Marsha B. Cohen
No sooner had it been announced that the Senate was preparing to vote for cloture on Chuck Hagel’s nomination as Secretary of Defense than the Washington Free Beacon‘s Adam Kredo unleashed yet another attack on the former Nebraska senator. After spending two and a half months battering Hagel with specious accusations that [...]
via Lobe Log
Chuck Hagel hasn’t even been nominated for Secretary of Defense and yet rumors abound that he is a frontrunner for the job. The volume of the squawking from hard-line hawks opposing his nomination reveals much about the way the neoconservative echo chamber operates.
Morris Amitay, a former executive director of [...]
- In Minimum Wage Debate, A Battle Over Inequality and Job Loss
- Cuba, What Are Your Plans for the New Year?
- Throwing the Tanzania-Zambia Railway a Lifeline
- Golan Druze Feel the Brunt of Syria’s Civil War
- Number 5
- Some Spanish Police Protect Immigrants
- Battling Extractive Industries in Romania
- “We in the Caribbean Are Living Climate Change”
- Africa Prepares for Central African Republic Deployment
- Ukraine Crackdown Turns Sinister