by Marsha B. Cohen
No sooner had it been announced that the Senate was preparing to vote for cloture on Chuck Hagel’s nomination as Secretary of Defense than the Washington Free Beacon‘s Adam Kredo unleashed yet another attack on the former Nebraska senator. After spending two and a half months battering Hagel with specious accusations that [...]
via Lobe Log
Chuck Hagel hasn’t even been nominated for Secretary of Defense and yet rumors abound that he is a frontrunner for the job. The volume of the squawking from hard-line hawks opposing his nomination reveals much about the way the neoconservative echo chamber operates.
Morris Amitay, a former executive director of [...]
- “The Time is Now” to Invest in Youth, Girls
- UN Appoints Experts to DRC’s Kasai to Probe Harrowing Rights Abuses
- Will Governments Support Access to Information Driving Development?
- Asian Financial Crisis: Lessons Learned and Unlearned
- Can Economic Growth Be Really Green?
- Yemen Records 400,000 Cholera Cases
- Barbados Steps Up Plans for Renewables, Energy Efficiency
- Sinking Island Seeks Seat in Security Council
- Migrant Contributions to Development: Creating a “New Positive Narrative”
- To Achieve Ambitious Goals – We Need to Start with our Basic Rights